Who sells Japanese Fenders?

RaoulDuke

• Members

I think Fender cracked down on Ishibashi Web Shop sending Japan-market guitars to the USA, but they were one of the biggest online outlets until recently. Their web site now says "No export model from Fender Japan, Takamine, and Ibanez Japan is available from us."

Can't help you locating others, sorry ... I don't even know if Ishibashi was the biggest outlet for Fender Japan, but they were the biggest outlet who made any effort whatsoever, such as it was, to have anything in English on their Web site. You'll probably have better luck if you can get some help surfing in Japanese.

• Members

I think Fender cracked down on Ishibashi Web Shop sending Japan-market guitars to the USA, but they were one of the biggest online outlets until recently. Their web site now says "No export model from Fender Japan, Takamine, and Ibanez Japan is available from us."

Can't help you locating others, sorry ... I don't even know if Ishibashi was the biggest outlet for Fender Japan, but they
were
the biggest outlet who made any effort whatsoever, such as it was, to have anything in English on their Web site. You'll probably have better luck if you can get some help surfing in Japanese.

That's the one I was thinking of. Oh well, I don't need another strat anyway...

• Members

You can still get Fender Japan stuff from Ishibashi, they just aren't allowed to send new guitars, and you have to buy used from their U-Box.

This guy has a way of getting around it. I think he buys the guitars from dealers and then sells them to you, so technically they are "used" but never played. I have sent him a few emails and he seems on the up and up, as he also sells on Ebay and deals in vintage MIJs.

http://www.music-trade.co.jp/currentfenderjapan.html

• Members

I would talk to a Local Fender Rep. Each region has an assigned Rep. They are usually always happy to hunt down the guitar you are looking for. Just go to a local shop that sells Fender and talk to them about their Fender Rep.

I just by chance when our Fender Rep was in asked if he had a guitar, and he ended up having a very rare piece at his home. The guitar was at the shop the next day.

Archived