After all this time, first tele day!

newbuilder

• Members

Some of you have followed the build and are aware of this guitars existence. I finished it yesterday:cool: It sounds amazing and sorry but the pics do not even close to capture the awsomeness of this guitar. My local buddy here coolblues305 did the wiring and found the wiring schematic fix for the specials.

It is:

Warmoth neck with 6105 stainless frets and ebony board

gotoh locking tuners

round string retainer

texas special pups (my favorite tele pups right now)

250k pots from GFS (backward volume pot:eek:) will change out in a couple of days when my new ones come in.

500k orange drop

switchcraft jack

GFS unfinished ash body with tung oil (ask coolblues the real color is much nicer in person)

001-36.jpg

002-36.jpg

004-33.jpg

005-27.jpg

005-27.jpg

• Members

I can attest it is the nicest tele I have ever played. That neck is really amazing and the pups are really cool. Just in case anyone tries to wire the specials here is the fix as the directions are wrong for a 3 way switch:

Bridge

Yellow-Switch

Black- Ground

Neck (heres where its fun!)

Yellow-Ground

White-Switch

Black-Ground

• Members

wait, wtf did you do w/ the extra set of ferrule holes?

i thought the bridge wasn't going to line up?

looks great, sg style strap placement and all.

I drilled through as you suggested and met the hole. I will soon be wood filling that and using straws:eek: to dirrect the strings.

• Members

Very nice! Looks to me (w/the texas specials, etc.) that it's more of a shredder than a twanger -- right?

It is really both at this point. I will do some clean spank...and it does a good crunch. These pickups are better than I expected. For all of the tele sound, it is not harshly bright and has alot more midrange punch. I am finding the bridge usable clean, I normaly don't feel that way about bridge single coils. I left my amp at a buddy's where we were recording so I haven't taken it to my comfort zone yet. I have played it on a Vox AC4, 6505+, and a solid state crate from the 80s. I am very impressed so far.

Archived