Godin Kingpin II vs Ibanez AF105?

Chumley

• Members

Both nice guitars.

My money would go for the Kingpin, but either way you're gonna get a nice box.

I like the bigger necks on the Godins and their rounded edges on the fretboards are super comfortable.

The Ibby is a little fancier and has humbuckers, where the Godin is a little plainer with the single P90.

Flip a coin maybe?

You have a preference on the sound? They will be different.

EG

• Members

The Godin Kingpin II with the two P-90s and the cutaway? In a second over almost everything in the Ibanez line. That said I haven't played the Kingpin in any variety to date and have only played two Ibanez guitar in the past decade plus (one being my Talman beater acoustic and the other a EWN28KOENT, nylon string acoustic electric).

So really play them them both and pick the one that sounds the best.

• Members

Elias,

Thanks for the input. I believe the Godin Kingpin II has 2 pickups.

I have 2 Godins, Multiac and an XT-SA and they are both great guitars, so I probably would be happy with the Godin.

Thanks again,

GC

Now that I've read this post, I effectively hate you. I've lusted after the nylon and steel string Multiacs for years and years. And XTsa is one of my favorite models now that the Solidac is gone.

• Members

Not to rub it in, but the Multiac is the guitar that I play the most. It is so easy to play and gets the greatest acoustic sound, espcially with a nice acoustic guitar amp. I don't have a lot of guitars and I'm a real tight-wad, so I try to get a lot for my limited guitar-dollars.

• Members

I will go ahead and be the bad guy here. :poke: My buddy carries both brands in his store. I have played both of them quite a lot and I own an AF105NT (along with a bunch of other Artcores) The Godin is a nice guitar and the Ibby is a bit more expensive but honestly, unless you're really looking for a P90 sound take the Ibby. It is hands-down better quality.

Archived