Wilde L610 pickups (Bill Lawrence P90's)

PunkKitty

• Members

Has anyone used these pickups? How do they sound? How P90ish are they?

I know Bill's pickups are currently manufactured by Lace. But they are still very reasonably priced and are available through his website. I have a set of his Keystones in my Strat and I love them.

Also, Bill and Becky are still involved in the business. Bill is apparently doing well with his chemo and they are working with a web designer on a redesign of the site.

The other option is a set of BG Pure 90's. But I'm curious about the Wilde pickups.

• Members

Spoke to Bill a few weeks ago...he sounded great. You wouldn't believe what this man has been through the last few years and especially the last few months.

But a lot of people seem to be mistaken about the Lace involvement; they are absolutely not manufacturing anything for Bill and Becky.

• Members
Spoke to Bill a few weeks ago...he sounded great. You wouldn't believe what this man has been through the last few years and especially the last few months.

But a lot of people seem to be mistaken about the Lace involvement; they are absolutely not manufacturing anything for Bill and Becky.

That's good to hear. Bill has been an incredible influence to most of the current top name pickup manufacturers. Many don't realize that they are using his designs. I jumped at the Keystones when I had a chance to buy them. I'm seriously considering the L610s. At $120/set they are a bargain. And noiseless! I really hope that Bill and Becky continue to improve.

• Members

Yeah, Bill's one of the great pioneers in this business. Take away all of the issues with his business names and stuff and just take a look at the contributions and impact on design and manufacturers and you start to really understand what he's done.

• Members

It's one of the reasons that I have no problems buying from Bill and Becky. I know the quality and sound will be great. I'd rather send my money to Bill or to Bryan at BG than to the big guys in the industry.

As for the guy that stole Bill's name, he can kiss my ass.

• Members

do they have a different website now? the wildepickups.com page seems to be gone...
:(

It works for me. Here's the link. http://wildepickups.com/

Becky updated it on February 6. And from a post I read on another forum, their daughter, Shannon is helping out with the business end of things. I love the fact that they are a family company and Bill still manages to make innovative products.

• Members

It works for me. Here's the link.
http://wildepickups.com/

Becky updated it on February 6. And from a post I read on another forum, their daughter, Shannon is helping out with the business end of things. I love the fact that they are a family company and Bill still manages to make innovative products.

ok..that one works. thanks!

:wave:

Archived