Cheapest New Squire Strat in the Country. Where are they?

marshallnoise

• Members

Well, the Bullet series is the cheapest, then the Affinity series, then the Standards.

Everyone is going to have pretty similar prices assuming they are all new.

Yeah, I have come to that conclusion as well. I think I am going to just scratch the idea and just build one correctly through piecing one together.

• Members

If you're trying to get something good but fairly cheap, I'd scour eBay looking for something with some cosmetic issues on the neck or a guitar that needs some wiring work done. Sometimes those things really drop the selling price and if you only want the body and trem, that wouldn't really effect you. And you can sell off the other parts to offset your cost.

• Members

I've also seen used strat bodies from third party replacement maker like Warmoth, Mighty Mite or Allparts go for cheap. Usuaully, in the case of Warmoth especially, if the body isn't made from exotic woods or has fancy wood grains and finishes, they don't go for much more than Allparts bodies, and lots of Allparts bodies are unfinished raw project bodies, while used Warmoth ones often have finishes already.

Archived