OT: Eddie Vedder singing 'Love Reign O'er Me'. Brilliant.

monto

• Members

I saw that when it first aired. I was frickin covered in goosebumps. One of the best covers of any song I've ever seen. :thu:

If you haven't seen the whole thing VH1 airs it pretty regularly and there are a few pretty good acts on there. Basically everyone is good except for the Flaming Lips; just didn't care for them too much.

The Foo Fighters did Bargain with the lead singer from Supergrass (can't remember his name) and it wasn't that great, but they did the young man blues and it was pretty powerful.

• Members

Awesome. Makes me wonder how Chris Cornell would do it. Or Axl. (Have done, perhaps)

Basically everyone is good except for the Flaming Lips; just didn't care for them too much.

The Lips are absolutely superb when they do their own material but their covers are mostly meh, if not outright bad.

• Members

Awesome. Makes me wonder how Chris Cornell would do it. Or Axl. (Have done, perhaps)

Axl?

Really?

He might have done a decent job vocally, but they probably didn't want a blonde, dreadlocked cracker from Indiana that would bitch about the record industry until half the audience left.

:lol:

• Members

The Foo Fighters did ....young man blues and it was pretty powerful.

hell yeah, i do like it the way dave grohl screams.. "WELL A YOUNG MAN!!!!!"

im gonna stick my neck out and say a decent singer is the most important thing in a rock band

i reckon the formula goes something like this:

average guitarist+great singer > great guitarist+average singer

..now dont anyone argue this ;-)

• Members

That was pretty good but Vedder is weak in my opinion. Sure he makes the screams work for him but there is more to the melody than screaming full power, his voice is limited so the songs dynamics are compromised in places. Chris Cornell would have been a much better voice for my money along with a few others.

Vedder's style comes off to some as all deep, pensive and dark but to me he sounds and looks like he's just confused as to why he can't find the right note in between screams.

Archived