OMGOMGOMG I just bought the guitar I've been looking for for the past 2 years or so!

dres_x

• Members

I've been looking for an Ibby SF470, a MIJ hardtail S for 2 years now. I haven't seen any even on sale but people talk about them all the time! Just bought one! I feel like I overpaid but I think it's ok because it's the first one I've seen for sale ever!

Pic from seller:

Copyof7.jpg

She's new old stock too! (with a scratch somewhere tho :() but still! :love::love:

Major differences between this and usual S's:

- hardtail

- 24.75" scale

- meatier neck

- rounder fretboard

- thinner nut

I can't wait to get it!

• Members
What's that baby made off?

Mahogany?

What type of pick up you get in that?

Do the humbucker coil split?

Its mahogany :)

Right now its all stock...so I think it should be V7, S1, V8. Chances are I'll be hitting up Bryan from some pups once I save up some more :)

I'm not sure if there's coil splitting in there already, but I'll prolly add it in when/if I change pups :)

• Members

Man, I have been looking for that exact guitar myself for years. I had one about 12 or 13 years ago and stupidly sold it. It has been a holy grail of mine for a long time now. If you ever decide to sell it, let me know and I will buy it. HNGD!!!

• Members
Man, I have been looking for that exact guitar myself for years. I had one about 12 or 13 years ago and stupidly sold it. It has been a holy grail of mine for a long time now. If you ever decide to sell it, let me know and I will buy it. HNGD!!!

Haha, something tells me I will be keeping this baby...I can't wait to play it hehe

Thanks! :D

• Members

Thanks guys!

Yeah I intend to play it stock for a while to see how the pups are. The same pups in an S470 went microphonic so I switched those out super fast. God I really can't wait...these models truly are rare beasts!

Most of my Ibanez guitars still have the stock pickups in them. I can usually just dial out any bassiness or excessive high end out with my EQ pedal. I think a lot of people swap out the stock pickups without really trying to work with them.

Those SF470's are indeed not very common. I'd love to have one myself.

I wish Ibanez would release a 24 fret hardtail S-series. That would be sick, and probably sell quite well. The S-series are some of the most comfortable guitars ever IMO.

• Members
Most of my Ibanez guitars still have the stock pickups in them. I can usually just dial out any bassiness or excessive high end out with my EQ pedal. I think a lot of people swap out the stock pickups without really trying to work with them.

Those SF470's are indeed not very common. I'd love to have one myself.

I wish Ibanez would release a 24 fret hardtail S-series. That would be sick, and probably sell quite well. The S-series are some of the most comfortable guitars ever IMO.

Yeah I always try to give pickups a shot before changing :p

I'd LOVE it if they made a hardtail S :p then it wouldn't have taken me so long to get this one hahaha...not only are they the most comfy, they are the most sexy as well ;)

Archived