One of my favorite players with a Soloway Gosling SC

Jim_Soloway

• Members

One of my favorite players, Chuck D'Aloia, is now playing a Soloway Gosling SC and is an endorsing player for us. I'm incredibly excited about having Chuck play one of our guitars. There are some players who are better known than Chuck who play a Soloway but none who'd I'd rather listen to.

He sent me this last night. It's actually three short clips, one in each pickup position that I merged for the sake of convenience.

http://www.jimsoloway.com/ListenClips/ChuckD/ChuckDClip1Merged.mp3

The guitar is a Gosling SC (Single Coil) with a DiMarzio Area-T in the neck and a Virtual Solo in the bridge. This is a configuration that I feel really strongly about and intend to make a mainstay of our product line.

I257GoslingScTop.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow, there are some great sounds coming out of that guitar:)

The clarity and articulation of the instrument really come out on the clips - I could only imagine how it must sound in person.

Completely agree - good description!

Jim, what kind of amp was that? Sounds awesome. If I'm not mistaken, Chuck did a bunch of the clips for the Zendrive on the Hermida site?

• Members

Thanks all for the kind words. Here are some answers and explanations.

The amp is a Brown Note D'Lite ODS 22 powering an RND cab with a G12-65.

Yes, Chuck did the Zen Drive clips for Hermida and in fact, Alfredo Hermida was with Chuck and I at our meeting at NAMM when he first played this guitar.

The fretboard is a really nice piece of cocobolo (probably my favorite all around fingerboard wood). Sadly, much of that wonderful figure will disappear over time as the board darkens.

And the finish is something that we call "Loarburst". We've done several of them now and it's based on the finish that Lloyd Loar used on the backs of his legendary mandolins in the early 1900's.

Archived