Who makes some good pointy guitars?

chimi

• Members

Don't know why but i've had a sudden urge for Jackson Kellys, Mockingbirds, and all sorts of superstrats. (especially the older Kramers).

I've actually found the Peavey Patriot to be very nice looking as well.

Anything and everything you guys could list would be greatly appreciated.

• Members

I prefer these, ESPECIALLY the old Kramers!!

- Kramer (early '80s Barettas & Pacers, even a Focus)

- check out the new re-issue Kramer

- Charvel (early '80s)

- Dean (at least the Pro version, the Time Capsule series RAWKS!)

These will do fine I'm sure, I just don't like them:

- Ibanez

- BC Rich

• Members

I have a brand new candy plum Charvel Socal and its the absolute perfect guitar for me. Its less than $1k. I would check it out. I put a tremstop in it along with a D-Tuna, and I bought a Morpheus pedal and now its the only guitar I need. I bring it to rehearsal and I can play Drop D brootz, Drop D Van Halen, C Sharp Sabbath, Standard tuned Maiden and all on supersmooth superstrat that can do Floyd Rose dives!

• Members

Mike Shannon who was one of the people that designed the first Jackson (the Randy Rhodes) has built many of Ed Roman's Abstract guitars.

Mike recently was involved with a number of signed RR models by Jackson. You may recall the article on him in a recent MF catalog.

If you like his work, check out Abstract.

shannon.jpg

• Members

I have 3 kramers. 87 Pacer american, 86 Baretta, 86 focus 3000, also have an 86 Focus 6000 on the way. Also have an 86 charvel model 3. Love those old Kramers. Best playing guitars I've ever owned. I like the Charvel but the Trem makes it a little inferior to the Kramers. I'd like to get one of the Gibson Kramers just to see how it compares with the originals.

Archived