GIBSON SG - The best all-round rock'n roll guitar?

Sleepin' Deeper

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I concur that the SG is the best all-round rock'n roll guitar. For me personally, it is rock personified. Many will disregard what has come before but consider the history of the SG, those who have wielded them, the tones, the light weight, even the devil horns scream rock. When you pick up an SG, you are instantly given the power to rock.

Angus_Young_LIVE.jpg

Zappa.jpg

townsend-windmill.jpg

tommyiommi.jpg

DuaneAllman.jpg

story.jpg

jh-tdcshow1.jpg

clapton%20fool%20guitar.jpg

• Members
+1!

I do like Gibsons - just not the company. But I do like the looks of them... the SG especially.

I love the SG. It just
looks
so rock 'n roll.

cherry_sg_standard_gibson_002.jpg

But, I'll never be seen with one. I might try one out in Manson's in a few days, but I don't think I could own one. I'd be embarrassed to be seen with that name on the headstock judging by all the crap about Henry J, Fish and Wildlife, and the general awfulness of that company. It's just the way I feel... maybe it will change if Gibson boots Henry J and cleans up its act.

It is a stunning looking guitar though
:thu:

You do realize that Henry J OWNS the company right? Therefore cannot be "booted"?

Besides if you want one there are other companies out there that make SG's every bit as amazing as any gibson have ever made. Just buy one of those.

• Members

Should I know who these people are?

Anyway, I love the girl's SG, and what's the guy playing? I'm not familiar with those inlays and control layout on a Gibson... so what is it?

Yes, you should. The dude is Pepper Keenan from C.O.C./Down. That guitar is an esp. The chick is Liz Buckingham from Electric Wizard.

• Members

The SG is the most satisfying rock guitar I've come across; the tone, the playability, the freedom to move about. I love both of mine and really want to add a Classic to the collection. As far as versatility goes, I think they're great! You can play any type of rock on them! :thu:

• Members

I always wanted to try one but the stories about being neck heavy scare me off, I just can't deal with that if it's true.

My Gibsons, a Faded and a Classic are both good, but I have played an Epi that was a little neck heavy. Most Epi's were good though.

• Members

i dont know why people are worried about the neck heavy thing. i just use a decent non slip strap so it will never divebomb

i think im used to a bit of weight in the neck, as now when i play really light necked guitars they just dont feel 'right' to me

• Members

I always wanted to try one but the stories about being neck heavy scare me off, I just can't deal with that if it's true.

Some are more than others. My GT isn't really but that's probably because of the massive tail piece and kinda heavy knobs on it. When they are neck heavy though I don't really find it hard to deal with but to each his own:idk:

Archived