Sticky Jam #126

Frets99

• Members
Haven't done one of these in a long time! I sold my recording gear when I moved over the summer, so I just stuck my macbook in front of my amp and seemed to work okay enough.

These slower blues tracks are tricky IMO. So much harder to string together some good licks with good rhythm on a slow tune than a fast one. My playing stinks right now - haven't played with a band or recorded anything in a long time. So my time feels really off which makes it hard to be confident enough to throw in some hot licks and play with "direction"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=702186&songID=8756983

^^^

I like that a lot :)

Is that your G+L you're using?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Haven't done one of these in a long time! I sold my recording gear when I moved over the summer, so I just stuck my macbook in front of my amp and seemed to work okay enough.

These slower blues tracks are tricky IMO. So much harder to string together some good licks with good rhythm on a slow tune than a fast one. My playing stinks right now - haven't played with a band or recorded anything in a long time. So my time feels really off which makes it hard to be confident enough to throw in some hot licks and play with "direction"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=702186&songID=8756983

Very nice, metallica. That G&L has a sweet sound, in parts very "straty". For some reasons, your clip stopped at 1:53 for me. Hope you come here more often! :thu:

• Members

Well it took ages to do but I finally got this down. I did 3 different versions and didn't like any of them all that much. After a few listens I kind of like this one the best and I was going to try and re-record but I just wasn't getting anywhere so I figured I post it and get some feedback on what I have

I've been playing this backing track for a while since I like it a lot (and I really thought it was Marc's :(). I should have done better but oh well. I went for a fuzz feel (neck pickup with a cool cat distortion pedal is the best I can do), Reverend Manta Ray and V-18 miced with a SM57 into Mbox Mini

Not Marc's Backing Track
Feedback is much appreciated

:wave:

• Members
I did a take on the blues track...

MessedUpBlues.mp3

Used my Epi '56 Goldtop P-90 guitar... Vibroverb model on my Line6 UX2

Thanks for listens / comments!

M

Nothing messed up about that!

Great Dirty sorta clean sorta tone going on....Sounds like a P90 to me, thick and powerful and musical.

In fact it's a very LP sound.

Nice playin' as well Bro!

:thu:

• Members
I recently was lucky enough to find a used Line6 Vetta for a "steal"... I quickly upgraded it to version 2.5 (for free... cool!), and I already had one of the full sized foot controlers.

I hadn't tried to record anything with it... so here's a first go.

It's another blast on the blues track... this time with my Fender American Deluxe QMT and the Vetta using the Plexi model. All the effects including the wah are from the Vetta.

I got a little carried away in parts... oh well.
:eek:

VettaBlues.mp3

More thanks for listens and comments.

M

Smokin'!

I really liked that.

:thu:

• Members

Since I'm so late to posting mine and now there are 5 pages worth of clips :eek: I'm not sure I'm going to bother to post reviews of everyones since they are all great anyways :thu::

I will be listening over the course of the day and if something is particularly noteworthy I'll make mention of it...but it's going to take me all day to get through them

• Members

Well I've gone a listened to most of the Blues ones...

Once again I'm glad I didn't listen first or I never would have even tried one on my own :facepalm:

There were some really stellar versions out there. I'll make a couple of notables.

I think I like Frets version the most...it just struck a chord with me. I could listen to him play all day long. That is not to say that the others aren't as good but I particularly liked the way Alan's sounded.

For the Sticky Jam virgin MusicScotty...wow ...are you experienced???

I think I like Frets version the most...it just struck a chord with me. I could listen to him play all day long. That is not to say that the others aren't as good but I particularly liked the way Alan's sounded.

Well, thank you kindly sir. And thanks to everyone who participated in this "not your run of the mill" sticky jam!

Got another one to keep you busy this weekend.

Archived