Epiphone 56 goldtop reissue

Lobsterbush

• Members

Says it was made in the Korean custom shop. With a gaurdian hardshell case with built in hygrometer he is asking 300. He seems to be in need of cash pretty bad so I can probably get it for less. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Gibson/Epiphone, I've always been more of a fender guy but have been gassing for an LP with P90s.

• Members

Says it was made in the Korean custom shop. With a gaurdian hardshell case with built in hygrometer he is asking 300. He seems to be in need of cash pretty bad so I can probably get it for less. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Gibson/Epiphone, I've always been more of a fender guy but have been gassing for an LP with P90s.

$300 sounds pretty good. I found the advert (based on your location). Looks like it's the pre-2003 Korean model. If it plays good, $300 sounds like a good deal.

• Members

for 300 I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Hell, I'd offer to meet the guy on friday at 7 in the morning before he goes to work just to make sure he doesn't sell it between now and saturday.

• Members

for 300 I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Hell, I'd offer to meet the guy on friday at 7 in the morning before he goes to work just to make sure he doesn't sell it between now and saturday.

Not able to meet him until then. He said I am the only one that has showed real intrest in the guitar. Said Saturday would be better for him, I'm fine with it too. Looks like I will be having a NGD. :cool:

• Members

That is a good price if the guitar is in good shape. I had one, sold it to fund a needed piece of equipment. I regret selling it to this day. I liked everything about it. As kirs stated, the pickups are great sounding, I loved them. I hope you get it, I think you'll enjoy it.

• Members

I played one in a store in about '05 or '06. It was really bad, the gold was all over the binding and there was even a drop on the fretboard (no idea how can that happen). Played quite bad too but that could have been a setup issue.

That said this seems to be a totally different guitar apart from looks.

• Members

That is a good price if the guitar is in good shape. I had one, sold it to fund a needed piece of equipment. I regret selling it to this day. I liked everything about it. As kirs stated, the pickups are great sounding, I loved them. I hope you get it, I think you'll enjoy it.

Crap, about to sell mine knowing well I will regret it one day.

• Members

As always, check it out, but that sounds like a great deal. I love mine, even though it's supposed to be crappy (made in China in 2005). It's got the 60s neck with nice big frets. I bought it used for $431 with Fralin P-90s and an SKB case and still think I got a great deal.

• Members

That Epiphone is not a reissue. There were no Epiphone Les Pauls in 1956.

Jackass :poke:

The Epiphone Les Paul '56 Goldtop Electric Guitar recreates an early Gibson classic with all the looks, sound, and feel that made it one of the most loved guitars ever.

Archived