How good is Iron Maiden?

DaveAronow

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of the only metal bands I'd listen to.

Don't know what your missing then and looking at your list of influences, your missing out on a lot of great heavy rock from the new American heavy music underground movement (no real name for it) - cookie monster vocals need not apply.

[YOUTUBE]yhRYmYHJxrc[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I've been listening to more hard rock lately. I like early metal and 70s hard rock, like Deep Purple, early Sabbath, and Thin Lizzy. It's hard for me to find modern heavy rock or metal that I like (without growling vocals) so I never looked too hard.

With that said, I really like Dead Meadow now that you introduced me to them with that link. I'm listening to "Sleepy Silver Door" right now, and I'm loving it! This is the kind of music I like. Good stuff, I'll check out some more, maybe get an album or two from them...

• Members

I saw the Powerslave show at Long Beach arena that ended up being the Live after Death album. So amazing for a 16 yr old kid to experience.
More recently I saw them play their latest album all the way thru. Some fans were grumbling that they didn't play more old stuff but I thought it was great. They have a lot of great tunes since 2000.

• Members

I sold my t-shirt from their next big tour (Powerslave) on eBay several years ago for $110.

Man, I have a bunch of MINT, concert shirts from the 80's that I never wore. I just stashed them away as a collectors thing.

I had the Maiden Powerslave tour shirt, but that, and the VH Fair Warning shirt, were the only ones I ever wore. I don't have either anymore. But I have a bunch of others I don't even remember who now... they're at my moms house....I know i have Bark at The Moon, and the Pyromania tour shirts.

Archived