How good is Iron Maiden?

DaveAronow

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very, VERY good at what they do if you happen to like that sort of thing. Personally, it floateth not my boat ... but I'd have to be nuts to deny that they do their thing to perfection.

Why not just listen and decide for yourself whether or not you enjoy 'em? If you do ... then why should it matter what anybody else thinks? After all, if you DO like 'em, you've got plenty of company.

• Members

Very, VERY good at what they do if you happen to like that sort of thing. Personally, it floateth not my boat ... but I'd have to be nuts to deny that they do their thing to perfection.

Why not just listen and decide for yourself whether or not you enjoy 'em? If you do ... then why should it matter what anybody else thinks? After all, if you DO like 'em, you've got plenty of company.

Iron Maiden is one of my longest most loved bands. There are just about no other bands that I have loved as much for as long. Skynyrd is the only one that comes close.

This thread is more an invitation for others to tell me(us) what they think of this monster of a band.

I think alot of people fall in your camp with not really being into this style of music but can still see the tightness and talent and mastery of what they do.

For me, if I am listening to old school metal, Iron Maiden is the standard to which I measure all other bands. More than a little of this has to do with me being a bass player and growing up idolizing Steve Harris, but not all of it. I dont think Maiden would be Maiden without him, but any one of the players could still be monsters in another band if fate happened to go that way instead.

I LOVE Maiden. One of my alltime favorites.

• Members

I saw Maiden with Di'Anno and {censored}ing hated them, these days I just love em to {censored}in bits, I don't see how anybody couldn't

They are everything that's good about metal

My introduction to them was Number of the Beast album when I was 15. I was blown away. No other record in my music loving history has had that much impact on me. So, I was always a little biased towards Dickenson, but I DID pretty quickly become a fan of the older DiAnno Maiden. He did an adequate job, and it is a tough gig trying to be compared to Dickenson, but the band still kicked ass on the older stuff, especially for me, the Killers album.

I went through a little burn out phase with this band and had to take a break a few years agao, but lately, it is like there old music is as fresh as ever.

I LOVE their documentary DVD too!!

• Members

It was the twin leads and harmonys that got me. It has stayed a big part of me, and comes out in my playing from time to time.

Up the Irons!

They have the sweetest sounding use of trem vibrato I have ever heard. Perfect to my ears, and I LOVE those melodic mesmerizing harmonies.

• Members

I didn't really get into them as far as just listening to the songs for some reason. I was into Metallica and all kinds of {censored} back in the day; but I just didn't love Maiden the way others did. I think that Bruce's over the top vocals just didn't do anything for me for some reason.

But I did see them live in '91 and even though that wasn't any special time in their history I was completely {censored}ing blown away.

I still don't catch myself listening to their songs by themselves (mainly because I don't own anything besides Powerslave), but EVERY time they have anything with them on VH1 Classic I watch it regardless of what else is on TV. I frickin love everything about that band now for some reason.

It may be some nostalgia, but if the songs weren't so damn great it wouldn't matter.

• Members

The song "Two Minutes to Midnight" just got done playing on my Rhapsody radio.

Pretty dam cool. I don't know a whole about their music, but the little I've heard I liked.

I've also just been introduced to some older songs by the group UFO. The guitar playing on these songs is just incredible.

I'm an older guy (late 40's) who really didn't pay a whole lot of attention to some of the hard rock/metalish bands of the late 70's and early 80's. I'm kind of getting turned on to these bands now. Some great playing, and cool songwriting.

• Members

They are a very tight band, total pros, and from what I've heard/seen they really like putting on top quality shows for their fans. Even if one doesn't like the music I think the approach they have for the craft earns them major cred. :thu:

But I'm a HUGE fan so I'm kinda biased! ;)

• Members

I like Iron Maiden.

I don't like the fans of Iron Maiden.

(huge generalization, obviously, but there's a lot of angry white 12 year old boys out there)

Now thats freakin funny! :lol:

Ive always dug Maiden. I used to love to draw Eddy in all kinds of poses all over my high school walls. :cop:

Yeah, I was a bad kid. :evil:

I have to agree with the comment above though.

The stuff released after Powerslave just doesnt do it for me. :idk:

Archived