Peterson StroboStomp 2 - Win!

BG76

• Members

I picked up a StroboStomp for $100.00 on a BIN last week on ebay. It arrived on Thursday, but I did not get the chance to really use it until today.

I had been using a TU-2 to power my pedals and an old Justina to do setups.

The StroboStomp I got is actually the '2' model, I think that's the newer one but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I just finished doing a string change/setup with this and the difference between it and my old needle tuner is night and day.

This guitar always had a nice setup and good intonation, but now it's just perfect. I can't describe it, but every chord I play is just so 'in tune'.

The StroboStomp 2 powers your pedals like a TU-2 (you need a daisy chain) and also allows you to set it up (there are three big switches in the battery area) to true bypass, etc....

There are sweetened tunings for Dobro, Baritone (both are next for a setup), etc.... You can also program it for capoed tunings, open tunings, dropped, and change the A440 to A441, etc....I haven't used those yet, though. Also included is an active direct box.

It is also very simple to use despite all the features.

It also is very easy to read with a bright display.

If you don't have one of these go check one out. For the cost of a couple setups it's like having a new guitar.

• Members

I just got a good deal on a Pitch Black but yeah... I hear nothing but good things about the Peterson.

Same thing here; I got a great deal on the Korg, but the Peterson is in a completely different league to be honest.

I've been thinking about buying the SW version for a while now.

• Members

One cool thing it says in the manual, which actually kind of makes sense is that because Peterson tunes to within 4 cents your strings can drift more before you'll start to really feel that they're out of tune.

All I can say is that the Boss (and before that, Arion) is good.

The Peterson is more $ (if you don't buy it used) but man, it's fantastic!

• Members

One cool thing it says in the manual, which actually kind of makes sense is that because Peterson tunes to
within 4 cents
your strings can drift more before you'll start to really feel that they're out of tune.

Is that actually suppose to be, ".4 cents"?

4 cents sounds like a lot to me, but I'm no expert.

• Members

Is that actually suppose to be, ".4 cents"?

4 cents sounds like a lot to me, but I'm no expert.

4 cents is HUGE. Our guitars were 2 cents out with the piano last week and it nearly made me jump outta my skin. Some wiseacre reset our tuner to A442. Jerkface.

Really interested in that Peterson.

• Members

I actually have the Petersen VS-II, which is more of a workbench tuner than anything else. That hasn't stopped me from sticking it on my pedalboard, though. The only problem is that it doesn't mute when I'm tuning that way. If I had more patience for intonation, it would let me do a fine job of it.

The problem with the Petersen is that it spoils you for using any other tuner. The thing is just too accurate and, once you get used to the rolling bars on the display, very easy to use. It is awfully expensive, though.

Archived