Long free jazz clip with Wilmer

WilmerTheWhite

• Members

I now succeeded to upload a long clip, which was recorded with my band last week, and where I play my old LP-SG. The song probably needs some intro;

It starts with a mellow and fragmented tune I wrote, and the idea with the improvised part is that it should start with the soloist playing "solo", i.e. all alone. The background players then should never play "with" the soloist, who continue his own mellow path, while the band should go differently. The pic for the tune at Soundclick shows a surfer at Skagerak, the cold sea outside Gothenburg in Sweden, in wintertime. If you have experience from playing solos alone live, you probably know why I have chosen that pic for the tune. :D

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=877519&songID=8787723

And this is how I obviously looked when we recorded this tune: :(

• Members

Well, it's now 11:45am here, and the working week is Sun. to Thurs., so yes, I'm at work. Sundays tend to be slow days, though, with our European and American offices being off...

Good to hear you spent some time in the studio. I hope your right hand heals quickly. :)

• Members
You have found people for a group where you are?

I had found a band, indeed (Big Band + smaller, more pop-ish side band), and I was supposed to catch-up with them after the summer holiday and Ramadan.

But then I had to fly to the UK, and to France, and back to the UK before flying back here... then to Kuwait and back, then to the UK, to France and back to the UK, and since I was already half-way there, to the US, and... etc.

I think they've given up on me. I can't blame them. :facepalm:

• Members

I really like these atmospheres with a ballad-like melody in the background and the drums and solists exploring every corner of it, both inside and outside. You guys are a bunch of talented mofos. I really like your style and would love to see you play live one day.

*downloads track to iTunes*

Archived