I want this guitar? Any objections ya'll can think of??

EmeeBee1982

• Members

Not planning on resale. The first one is a signature from the lead guitarist from the Cure. The print on it is so unique, the sound was amazingingly clear..

The Gibson is also a lifelong fantasy of mine. Tom Delonge did a great job getting with the manufacturer to make this guitar give the 'true' sound of Blink..

I get these guitars at cost. I love my job

• Members

Duncan Designed HB can possibly be the worst pick-ups in history on nice guitars...
:mad:

Rocknhard: Why do you think that? I wanted the Gibson for the dirty finger himbuckers, gives it a nice scratchy, raw sound.. What is your reasoning, just do I know?

Aside form personal preferences, do you guys see anything wrong with this purchase?

Not liking The Cure or Blink 182 is not a legitimate reason :p lol

• Members

Rocknhard: Why do you think that? I wanted the Gibson for the dirty finger himbuckers, gives it a nice scratchy, raw sound.. What is your reasoning, just do I know?

Aside form personal preferences, do you guys see anything wrong purchase?

Hi EB, I bought a nice Schecter (semi-hollow), the Duncan Designed HBs were muddy (some would call it dark) especially with increased volume. I would avoid them, especially for the price you are going to pay...good luck though.

• Members

Porl Thompson is probably one of my top 10 favorite guitarists and probably in the top three most influential to me, but I fear that guitar is hideous.

Sorry. :cry:

Having said that, all but the most entry level of Schecters are usually solid guitars and if I liked the looks, I'd rock it.

:thu:

• Members

Haha, thanks guys. I guess I'm into the dirty, artsy weird styles, always have been. I wish they still offered the Gibson in the black with the silver stripe, but in any case I just love the style of both.. Blink and The Cure are so influential to me, made me want to learn the guitar. I have to pay my tributes :)

• Members

Not a big fan of either of them. The Delonge is just meh. While I dig racing stripes and single p/u guitars, it doesn't work for me on that one. The Thompson has potential, but it seems like you're paying a lot just for a graphic finish. You'd pretty much want to swap out those pickups right off the bat. But hey, it's your money.

Archived