HCEG's Build/Mod Thread Library. Post Links to your Build/Mod/Repair Threads in Here.

DaveAronow

• Members

I love HCEG like the next guy, but the whole reason I ever even stumbled on this place was surfing build and mod sites. I saw some great work posted here and have never left.

There are TONS of great luthiers here, as well as talented DIY'ers, modders, tinkerers, etc. I Know the Site has a DIY forum, but It would be cool and convienient to consolidate all of our(people from other forums welcome too) building and modding efforts and results right here in one thread for easy access any time we want.

If you have something to share, something you built, assembled, modified, repaired or any tips or tricks you have offered in any threads in the past, go ahead and post a pic of the finished product, give a little one or two sentence description of what to expect in the thread, and then post the link to your thread right here.

Also feel free to post links to OTHER peoples threads you have seen here that you admire if ,for some reason, you dont see them ending up here. Please let us know about these threads too.

Try to keep the descriptions short and to the point and reference the actual threads for alot of the details or else this thread could get pretty clogged with chatter and I would hope we could keep it pretty streamlined for ease of use.

Thanks to all the awesome people that have contributed and shared their experience and knowlege dealing with all things guitar building/modding/repair, and thanks in advance for your contributions to this thread.

Really, ANYTHING that has to do with guitars is fair game.

Amp builders, pedal modders, guitar stand makers, pic makers, anything you got, photography/photoshop tips, please feel free to share it here.

Thanks. I cant wait to see the pages filling up with all of Y'alls great achievements. :thu:

• Members

• Members

cool thread idea Dave :idea: here's what i have...

Les Paul Build #2, 1 piece mahogany body, 5A Flamed Maple Cap, Ebony fingerboard... (in progress)

Les Paul Build #2

dcam6120.jpg

First Les Paul (practice build with cedar and aspen from Home Depot). used Stewmac tinited Nitro's for the finish work... will be complete 2/27/10...

Les Paul Build #1

dcam6070.jpg

Dean VX Water Drop (moonburst) Refinish. Very cool WET LOOK !!!

Water Drop V

dcam3987ba2.jpg

Grizzly Samba Firelfy Kit Guitar. Beautiful Purple Quilted top using Re-Ranch water base dyes...

Grizzly Purple Quilt Kit Guitar

dcam3591cq8.jpg

Kramer Frankenstrat from a cheap FREEBIE guitar I was given. Hours and hours of taping and painting. plus some aging of parts...

Kramer Frankenstrat

dcam4000vx3.jpg

• Members

I'm a fairly versatile guy in the shop.

Here's a neck re-set that I did on a friends old '60 era 12 string gibby.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213015

steam2.jpg

Built a strat style neck for a jackson bass wood body.

My floyd guitar.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2248481

jg15.jpg

Goldie hardtail.

My sons main gig ax.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1502343

goldienow1.jpg

• Members

cool thread idea Dave
:idea:
here's what i have...

Les Paul Build #2, 1 piece mahogany body, 5A Flamed Maple Cap, Ebony fingerboard... (in progress)

Les Paul Build #2

dcam5770.jpg

First Les Paul (practice build with cedar and aspen from Home Depot). used Stewmac tinited Nitro's for the finish work... will be complete 2/27/10...

Les Paul Build #1

dcam6070.jpg

Dean VX Water Drop (moonburst) Refinish. Very cool WET LOOK !!!

Water Drop V

dcam3987ba2.jpg

Grizzly Samba Firelfy Kit Guitar. Beautiful Purple Quilted top using Re-Ranch water base dyes...

Grizzly Purple Quilt Kit Guitar

dcam3591cq8.jpg

Kramer Frankenstrat from a cheap FREEBIE guitar I was given. Hours and hours of taping and painting. plus some aging of parts...

Kramer Frankenstrat

dcam4000vx3.jpg

You're doing some very nice work.:cool:

• Members

Archived