Peavey bandit question

Meowy

• Members

Um my mistake, not the red stripe version. I think it is the newer (newest?) one

There are many different lines of Bandit. I would opt for a Transtube based line which has gone through 3 (and a half) generations.

Silver Stripe - This is the first generation. Easily identified by black cosmetics with a silver stripe along the bottom of the amp stating Bandit 112. Made in America. Same technology can also be found in Transtube Supreme line and the early run of the EFX line.

Red Strip V1 - Identified by the red stripe and often a delta insignia on the grill cloth. This series is the most loved by enthusiasts. Made in America. Same technology found in the EFX and Revolution lines.

Red Strip V2 - Identified by the red stripe and often a delta insignia on the grill cloth. Imported and besides a speaker change identical to the US made Redstripe series.

Current Production - Identified by the classic aluminum strips on the sides of the speaker and the "cod piece" logo plate. No longer contains the T-dynamics control but rather a power attenuation switch but now includes a footswitable boost.

• Members

I just looked at my craigslist and found this:

Ibanez electric guitar and peavy bandit112 sheffield edition amp - $100

"I have a 6 string blue/white Ibanez electric guitar with a strap and a Peavey Bandit 112 sheffield edition amp for sale for $100. I'm also throwing in a guitar cord for free.

I paid around $350 for the guitar when it was new, and the amp I got from a buddy for $40. So as you can see I am willing to take a loss just to get some cash for a new Lamborghini."

3n93kd3pe5O35T95R8a1pd5f7f18da87811d0.jp3n63ka3l45Of5T85Saa1p594d6b2c7f891d3f.jp3k83pc3lc5O55Tf5Raa1p508ed489f3021131.jp3n13mf3p05O95T45P0a1pcc1c8a8f199a1fa1.jp

• Members

Will, Jello & All - Thanks for your help so far. Still not sure what I'm dealing with, but here are a couple of crapy pics from the listing. Maybe you guys can shed some light?

Seems to be the "Silver Stripe" as per Will's post

BANDIT1.JPG

BANDIT2.JPG

• Members

Guy has re-confirmed it is in excellent condition. He is about 90 mins away, but said he would be in an area about 20-30 minutes from my house, so I'd have to do it as a street deal. It seems to be an honest sale - not worthwhile to drive that distance for a $75 scam.

Yes, I am basically a Craigslist virgin

• Members

I think thats an awesome deal!! I had the old silver strip model, its not much use for gigging with though, unless you mic it up or put it through the P.A.

I Never got enough output from it in a live setting even with humbuckers. Great quality amp though!

Sure yours is working right? I've gigged a silver stripe before, though a long time ago, and remember it being plenty loud. My current production Bandit has volume to spare...

• Members

Silver stripe first generation Transtube. Good amps especially for heavier stuff. The newer versions have a bit more versatility, but that's still a good deal. they ran in the $400 range when they first came out.

Is it MIC or MIA?

Archived