Happy Monday - FREE Pedal contest

Meowy

• Members

Just to start out the week I am going to give away a free pedal. Sorry, nothing special - it's just a Danelectro FAB pedal.

HOW TO WIN: Reply to this thread and tell me why I should choose you as the winner. I will choose the most heartwrenching or pathetic reason why you think you should win. Winner will have their choice of a Danelectro FAB OVerdrive or Distortion pedal, postage paid by me. Frankly, I'm just tired of having these pedals around collecting dust, so I am paying to get rid of one of them now and maybe the other some other time.

Dano

The contest is simple:

1) All entries must be posted in this thread by 5:00PM EST. No exceptions.

2) Anyone who PMs me about this contest is automatically ineligible. If you have a question ask it in this thread

3) One contest entry per HCEG sig. If you have alts and submit an entry for each alt, I really don't care. Any questions that you might post do not count as entries. Please just be clear that you are asking a question rather than submitting an entry. For clarification, it would help if you set the title of your post as "ENTRY" or "QUESTION"

4) No third party entries. You must tell me why YOU should win, not another member.

5) Contest is open to anyone, but because I am covering the cost of shipping, the shipping destination must be in the CONUS

So tell me why I should choose you to be the lucky winner. Keep it fun.

GO!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sob story... I have a special needs 4 year old with autism, so my wife can't work... This makes me the bread winner and takes away from my ability to buy things...

Thank you very much for your donation...

Oh, if that didn't work, I have a Line6 amp that everyone tells me I need to hate... So, I need a tube amp and stomp boxes... This would be a perfect addition to help free me from the maze I am trapped in...

• Members
Because I'm the only totally out guitar playing post op transsexual lesbian on this forum that I know of.

He said 'pathetic'. That makes you one of the most strong-willed and anti-pathetic folks on this board.

:lol:

Seriously though... I'd give it to her, Meowy. :thu:

• Members
I have such a bad tooth ache that I would take that FAB Distortion and crank it so loud that the vibrations would rattle this sick tooth right out of my head.

This would be much easier and less expensive than being an uninsured patient at the dentists office.

Thanks!!

Honestly, this takes my vote for most pathetic. And Bryan is a good guy.

• Members

Poor college student with a wife and three kids. I lost my job over a year ago and I am getting no tax return this year because I did not work. I also have a bad tooth that hurts me daily (I really do). I have a bad back and can't shovel the 62 inches of snow outside which leave one of my vehicles stranded in the back, it doesn't have a heater anyway. I'm currently selling off guitars to pay bills. When I get down to just my cheap tele and a valvetronix, That fab pedal would sure spice up my sound.

• Members
Surely there's a use for something like this in a local middle-school's music or theater program? Some inner-city youth music program? Some poor kid with a guitar and a clean amp? If not, send it to me, and I'll see to it that a kid who needs it gets it.

That's a really good point. I plan on donating an old guitar that I no longer use to Girls Rock Chicago. Several cities have camps like this. And it would give a younger generation of players exposure to music. A win-win situation as I see it.

• Members

Poor college student with a wife and three kids. I lost my job over a year ago and I am getting no tax return this year because I did not work. I also have a bad tooth that hurts me daily (I really do). I have a bad back and can't shovel the 62 inches of snow outside which leave one of my vehicles stranded in the back, it doesn't have a heater anyway. I'm currently selling off guitars to pay bills. When I get down to just my cheap tele and a valvetronix, That fab pedal would sure spice up my sound.

+1.

I'm a college student. No job thus no money income, aspiring musician in the local seattle scene. I sold off most of what I had to pay off school bills that keep me in the poor house. I have been trying to do something with myself by going for my B.S. in BioChemistry or to try and make it as a musician. Wish me luck!

Archived