Solos are cheesy

Engl Kramer

• Members

Lead guitar and guitar solos were the reasons I wanted to play guitar in the first place. Rock music was never so boring as it was in the late 90's early 00's when solos were out of fashion.

So, was it the long flowing blond locks, the skin tight leather pants or the weapon like headstock pointed upward during said solo as if to pay homage to the rock Gods.;)

Sorry to seem so negative towards the 80's but I was there and looking back it was a serious cookie cutter time in music. I laugh out loud when I watch videos and literally cannot tell the difference between whitesnake, white lion, cinderella, steelheart, trixter, poison, slaughter and the rest. In retrospect its awful similar to the boyband formula's that produced all those classic bands.:rolleyes:

• Members
Lead guitar and guitar solos were the reasons I wanted to play guitar in the first place. Rock music was never so boring as it was in the late 90's early 00's when solos were out of fashion.

Agreed, it it weren't for solos I wouldn't be playing guitar. If I were called upon to play rhythm tho, I'm sure I'd blow at it.:o:freak:

• Members

The OP may be onto something here.

Cheese is a dairy product. It is a component of a healthy diet in moderation. Too much cheese can cause constipation though.

So if solos are in fact a cheese type substance than too much can cause this:

srv.jpg

• Members

You are right. It is a focused specific and to the point comment based on somebody elses overgeneralized broad sweeping generic statement.

I acknowlege and appreciate the correction.
:thu:

I acknowledge and appreciate your acknowledgment and appreciation sir.;)

My OP was very sweeping, but not meant to be taken literally.

Some solos are great, but IMO most of it is for the guitarist to puff up his chest and preen around like a chicken taking a giant {censored}.

• Members

I acknowledge and appreciate your acknowledgment and appreciation sir.
;)

My OP was very sweeping, but not meant to be taken literally.

Some solos are great, but IMO most of it is for the
guitarist to puff up his chest and preen around like a chicken taking a giant {censored}

you say this like it is a bad thing.

I would pay GOOD money to see that.

Archived