pinch harmonics seem more difficult?

AndyVengeance

• Members

weird i know.. but pinch harmonics used to be a breeze. it was like they screamed out of my guitar. now my tone is great and all but when i play a pinch harmonic they just seem impossible to come out. the harmonic just sounds dead. could this have to do with my guitar maybe needing a set up or something?

• Members

Could be a number of things:

Old strings,

Fret buzz deadening the harmonics,

Different guitar?

Different technique

Different EQ settings can make a difference

Worn pick

...thats all i got

Spike has pretty much covered the bases, maybe try adding more gain, or an overdrive pedal until you get them back again. I find it's easiest exactly halfway between the pickups, others, just over the bridge pup. But more gain should help you get back in the swing of things. and using the bridge pup :thu:

• Members

So what would happen if someone had bad fret buzz, dead frets, a generally {censored}ty setup, little to medium-leveled gain (or none at all), and a worn pick.. and STILL nailed pinches, all God damn day?

Would that make HCEG implode?
:eek:

It would cause a rift in the time/space continuum and may actually cause a black hole, which could cause the entire HCEG forum to be sucked down and compressed into the point of singularity. Time would stop as we know it, and the pinch harmonic you just squeel-ied would ring forever.

Rock on.

• Members

It would cause a rift in the time/space continuum and may actually cause a black hole, which could cause the entire HCEG forum to be sucked down and compressed into the point of singularity. Time would stop as we know it, and the pinch harmonic you just squeel-ied would ring forever.

Rock on.

Pretty much this I would imagine. :D

Archived