Why are the older peavey guitars such a big secret?

chimi

• Members

Agreed about the difference. T-Model is from Greenville which is southwest of Clarksdale. Hill country is Northeast. Last time I was in C'dale I was going to drive by -- sometimes you can catch him playing outside -- but I didn't get 'round to it. I've heard that a bottle of Jack is mandatory...

My dad's from Greenville and my grandparents and other family live there still. I didn't realize T-Model is from there--I thought he was from up around Holly Springs.

• Members

My dad's from Greenville and my grandparents and other family live there still. I didn't realize T-Model is from there--I thought he was from up around Holly Springs.

He may have been from there originally -- I'm sure there's a wikipedia entry.... A lot of players in the area have Hill Country roots -- even some Chicago transplants. There's no pure blues, but fortunately for us, many great blends. If you've got a place to stay, get thee to Greenville!

• Members

I have posted tons of T-model ford stuff in these forums for years now. So since some of ya'll are talkin about him.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

One of my favorites for sure.

And sure the Razer is ugly, but It definantly is a headturner. I will never get rid of it. It will be buried with me when I die.

• Members

Well, it's a headturner, and watching that video, it looks like it's great for playing sitting down, like most blues guys I've seen do. Doesn't mean I want to buy one, but at the right price, I can see myself having one of those just because Peavey stuff is pretty good quality and it's so, SO ugly.

• Members

Part of the problem is they started to be known for there low end guitars so the better built made an U.S.A guitars get forgotten about..

But if you were around in the 80's Peavey guitars were well known and very popular guitars ..It was after they started making there guitars overseas that there popularity went in the tank..

I have owned 3 very nice Peavey's two T60's and a Detonator AXL that was bar none the best Metal/Hard Rock guitar that i have ever owned ...There were two models at least of the Detonator the one i'm talking about hs no heel at all and gives you 100% access to your higher frets...This and the fact the action was incredible plus the tone was great for metal made the Detonator way ahead of its time..

• 10 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived