New Free Amp Modeler from AcmeBarGig

Will Chen

• Members

No. Is this my problem? Do i need to download something that unwraps it?

I really am not great with computers. I know how to use my programs but the behind the scenes mumbo jumbo bogs me down.

any help would be huge.

Your clip sounded awesome by the way!!

Thanks....

I use 7-zip to undo the rar file. After that you get the installer. You're on your own after that, I don't know ProTools.

http://www.7-zip.org/

• Members

Did you get it un-rar'ed?

I used a program called Free Rar Extracting Frog. Raring used to be the big thing, esp with Unix users. This is kinda silly that Shred is Rar'd because it's like 14.2MB rar'ed and 14.3 zipped.

Anyway, you need an unzipping tool of some sort... I used that Frog program. Then I just dragged and dropped the Shred file on the Frog program and it un-rar'ed it in the same directory it was already in.

Then click on the zip file it created, install it, pointing it to the Plug-In directory of your ProTools. Then it should show up under the effects or plug in menu when you open ProTools.

• Members

I tried it a few days ago in Cubase 4 and found it pretty unstable. Lots of glitches and eventually it crashed Cubase. Got some good sounds out of it, but it has some issues that need to be worked out before I can use it. I hope they fix it.

• Members

Got closer to it working. Got the Shred amp to show up but now I get no signal. VU meters don't move when I'm recording. I think it's an issue since I have a Logitech Easy Desktop keyboard/mouse/Skype speakerphone which acts as the default sound device but I am plugging my guitar into a mini 1/8" plug into the soundcard line in. No deal.

• Members

Did you get it un-rar'ed?

I used a program called Free Rar Extracting Frog. Raring used to be the big thing, esp with Unix users. This is kinda silly that Shred is Rar'd because it's like 14.2MB rar'ed and 14.3 zipped.

Anyway, you need an unzipping tool of some sort... I used that Frog program. Then I just dragged and dropped the Shred file on the Frog program and it un-rar'ed it in the same directory it was already in.

Then click on the zip file it created, install it, pointing it to the Plug-In directory of your ProTools. Then it should show up under the effects or plug in menu when you open ProTools.

Thank you man. Ill give it a shot in a few days. Im off to Nashville!!

• Members

For the dude trying to get it to show up in Pro tools..Unless something has changed and they have added support for vst's.Pro Tools doesnt suport vst's. You had to buy a wrapper from FXPansion. But like i said. I dont follow Pro Tools. So maybe they have added support for vst's..

• Members

For those that just want to play and not worry about using a full blown editing suite I would highly recommend using VSTHost.

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm

It's free, extremely stable and lets you chain all kinds of VST's and VSTi's together.

It's also about the smallest memory footprint out there. You can also set it up with a SAVIHost which you can make it a standalone application as well.

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

Got closer to it working. Got the Shred amp to show up but now I get no signal. VU meters don't move when I'm recording. I think it's an issue since I have a Logitech Easy Desktop keyboard/mouse/Skype speakerphone which acts as the default sound device but I am plugging my guitar into a mini 1/8" plug into the soundcard line in. No deal.

Arm the track to record. Set record monitoring to on. (little speaker looking thing that shows up when you arm the track to record.) Choose your FX, which in this case would be Shred, etc and you're in business.

• Members

Wow, I'm impressed. Here's a short clip with the Shred rhythm and the Super 72 lead. I used the delay and reverb included with the model.

Thanks for posting, Will.

Yo, that sounds really SWEET. I'm impressed.

Nice job on the clip, too.

Archived