classiv vibe thinline

ihavenofish

• Members

so i went to my local shop today on my way home from work. havening been there in a few weeks. asked them if they had the classic vibe thinline yet.

guy says yes, but it went on layaway the day it came in. i asked if i could look at it and he checked to see if the guy had actually paid anything on it.... hadnt.

then he happened to look at the name. ME! they saved the guitar for me cause they knew i wanted to see it when it came in, how nice of them. :)

anyhow, the thing is much nice. its solid(hollow) mahogany, no veener. and its pretty high quality mahogany at that. top and back look both 2 piece centre joined, but the back is perfectly quartered so its hard to tell if theres more seams. the wood is utile or sapale i think (both "real" mahogany types). dont think its khaya (african mahogany). hase very prominent striping. the finish seems to have a tint to make the wood darker looking.

its also pretty light and plays like most other cv's, great! sounds nice too.

pics to come later tonight.

• Members

Yeah, I played one for the first time last week. I was pretty impressed. I was early to jump on the Classic Vibe bandwagon and I've never had a problem with guitars that say Squier on the headstock, but I was STILL impressed.

Very lightweight, but still felt substantial. Nice fretwork. Nothing too sharp and even the setup was reasonable.

I really had the hots for a Thinline of some sort because I had a set of Seth Lovers to install into something, but I ended up buying something else before the CV Thinline was actually available.

Can't comment on the tone because I only played it through a Spider Jam Along amp thingy.

:facepalm:

• Members

Gimme a quick check under the PG... interested to see if there's room for a HB in the neck. I know there are for the regular CVs, rumor is there is for the thinline too!
:D

I can't speak to the CV Thinlines, but I had to route the neck PU pocket slightly on my Vintage Modified Thinline to mount a TV Jones Filtertron in it.

• Members

Gimme a quick check under the PG... interested to see if there's room for a HB in the neck. I know there are for the regular CVs, rumor is there is for the thinline too!
:D

no room for a bucker. seems to be routed like youd expect in a vintage thinline.

ive been going over the body, and after seeing the inside natural colour, i think this is khaya. 2 piece top and back. basically the same as what you can order from warmoth... at $490 for just the clear coated body. mmmmm.

and no, no photo yet, camera battery dead and i forgot to charge.

Archived