what was your craziest gig ever?

geetarded

• Members

yes there were biker chicks. And yes the tits were bouncing. Bikers + biker chicks = bikers ........at least in my book and my biker friends books. And yes they read books. Most of them are intelligent and can articulate my post without gay connotations. They know how to have fun dammit!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I played in a band called The Naked School Girls, which was a band founded and produced by Brian Johnson of AC/DC for about a year or so.

We did all originals which brian wrote, or co-wrote and produced, and we did a bunch of gigs throughout Florida. The radio stations used to heavily promote the gigs and they were jam packed full of rabid screaming AC/DC-ish type rock fans. The music we played sounded alot like AC/DC and the band kicked ass so the crowds were always fired up and rowdy.

We would do about an hour set of originals with our singer, and then as an encore, we would come back out and Brian would take the stage and we would do a set of AC/DC covers.

Those gigs were always crazy and wild. We would throw blow-up dolls out in the audience so they could play with them like beach balls, but noe of those dolls lasted more than a few seconds before they got their heads ripped off by the rabid crowd.. I actually really dont remember alot about those shows as we all liked to drink alot, and partying was heavily encouraged in those days. What bits and pieces I remember of those gigs were absolutely wild and the stuff that went on back stage was the standard wild drunken antics they write books about.

Those were some of my craziest days. Lots of fun.

, but then, I have about 15 years of crazy stories from all the bands I played in back in those days. We partied like rockstars most nights of every week for years on end. If you can imagine it happening to a rock band, we pretty much covered it.

this is what that Naked School Girls band sounded like.

This is NOT Brian singing...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=794691&content=songinfo&songID=8344522

• Members

I had this one crazy gig.

It was a high school prom dance, the original guitarist hurt his hand, so i stood in on guitar and vox, really short notice. The crazy thing was my mother and father were in the audience dancing, oh yeah, and they were the same age as me! Crazy! Then they stopped dancing, and my hand started to like... fade away, and i had a picture of my bro and sis and they started to dissapear on tho picture too! Crazy, but then mum and dad started dancing again, because i was playing {censored} on 'earth angel' coz my fretting hand was fading away, but then mum and dad kissed, and i take it they got it on wild style after that, because my hand came back, and so did my bro and sis on the photo, then i found what key we were playing in and it was all good!.

Then I rocked the fookin house with some jonny b.good, and went into some crazy widdling guitar solo, and for some reason i was able to dive bomb on a 335! Then the whole place was like 'what the f*ck was that {censored}'!

Then life took over i studied to become a doctor, but ended up becoming a vet in this tiny village.

Those were the days.......

• Members

We were opening for a local band - there was no one but this one girl dancing in front of the singer.

we were playing some song and I was head banging and looked up and she had her dress hiked up and working herself - no underwear!

I realized it was backup singing time - I ran to the mic hit it with my mouth - it hit the monitor and came flying back hard and smacked me in the face and cut the {censored} out of my lip!!

the crowd went nuts and the pary got started!!

I played the rest the of the gig spitting blood everywhere!!

Hilarious!

• Members

I have had two, not really crazy, but really memorable gigs... I got hired for the pit orchestra of a college production of The Rocky Horror Show. It was a normal pit orchestra gig until the midnight performance... people showed up in costume, got on stage and danced. Sounds lame I know, but it was wild. I am doing the show again this year for a different school. CAN'T WAIT.

The other one that really holds a place in my memory was a charity gig. It was another pit orchestra, and the drummer was Steve Gadd. The highlight of the night for me was getting to play Layla. It was very awesome playing Layla with a guy who plays it with Clapton all the time.

• Members
sorry to get super-specific here, but....he ...uh....jizzed?
:eek:
on stage?
while singing?
wtf?

is that what you mean by "completed the task?"

I'm about to call shenanigans.

I'll spell it out for ya: She blew him on stage, he nutted in her mouth, she swallowed, good time had by all.

• Members

I had this one crazy gig.

It was a high school prom dance, the original guitarist hurt his hand, so i stood in on guitar and vox, really short notice. The crazy thing was my mother and father were in the audience dancing, oh yeah, and they were the same age as me! Crazy! Then they stopped dancing, and my hand started to like... fade away, and i had a picture of my bro and sis and they started to dissapear on tho picture too! Crazy, but then mum and dad started dancing again, because i was playing {censored} on 'earth angel' coz my fretting hand was fading away, but then mum and dad kissed, and i take it they got it on wild style after that, because my hand came back, and so did my bro and sis on the photo, then i found what key we were playing in and it was all good!.

Then I rocked the fookin house with some jonny b.good, and went into some crazy widdling guitar solo, and for some reason i was able to dive bomb on a 335! Then the whole place was like 'what the f*ck was that {censored}'!

Then life took over i studied to become a doctor, but ended up becoming a vet in this tiny village.

Those were the days.......

Wasn't that a 345? I was also there that night and I remember.

• Members

Back in the mid 90's on a 4th of July, my band played an early afternoon festival gig in the Bay area, then rushed off to play a second late afternoon gig near Sacramento. It was at least 105 degrees that day and the stage which was out in the sun was made from a converted truck trailer and was all metal. It was so hot up there that besides almost passing out, the plastic crate that I had my gear rack on buckled from the heat and the rack fell backwards to the stage with a crash in the middle of a song. Luckily the singer was able to keep the crowd entertained with some jokes and banter for a few minutes while I got things straightened out.

Archived