Electric Guitar Market

frenchji

• Members

I've been noticing a lot of the new guitar companies and such aren't really doing anything innovative anymore. Except for trying to make the guitar more digital and such. I kinda wanna see some more innovative guitar makers.

Which leads me to think.. is there anything new that can even be done to the guitar now? Is there anything that you would like to see in a guitar that isn't done much or ever happened?

• Members

most guitarists are afraid of innovation. Look at the gibson robot, moog guitar, les paul axcess, etc etc. people want "Traditional" shapes and features 9 times out of ten

That being said, something I'd like to see... perhaps a pressure sensitive electronic guitar where you don't actually play on metal strings. Think something like a guitar hero controller except much higher tech. 100% perfect intonation, 100% perfect tuning (well, ignoring electrical component drift anyway) no need for string changes, or seasonal adjustments..

that will probably never become mainstream in my lifetime.

• Members

most guitarists are afraid of innovation. Look at the gibson robot, moog guitar, les paul axcess, etc etc. people want "Traditional" shapes and features 9 times out of ten

That being said, something I'd like to see... perhaps a pressure sensitive electronic guitar where you don't actually play on metal strings. Think something like a guitar hero controller except much higher tech. 100% perfect intonation, 100% perfect tuning (well, ignoring electrical component drift anyway) no need for string changes, or seasonal adjustments..

that will probably never become mainstream in my lifetime.

M2eiP12hQQY

Archived