Anyone ever heard of Lee Roy Parnell?

o.versteer

• Members

Just sitting here wasting time waiting for my NGD to arrive (details to follow :-)) and watching some Lee Roy Parnell on YouTube.

Never heard of the guy but is we hell known in the States? He appears to be a country artist, but is an utterly kickass slide player. There's a clip of him doing Statesboro Blues, playing all Duane's licks with an awesome LP tone. He seems to do most of his original - also great - stuff with a Strat. Here's a couple of clips:

[YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Much love for Lee Roy here. I have seen him probably 4-5 times around the Jxn, MS area. Killer vocals and awesome slide player. It kills me that you see Nashville pushing all the s*&t out there now and Lee Roy falls to the wayside. How someone like Koby Teeth makes it big when he doesn't have the talent in one of Lee Roy's fingers. Sorry about the rant.

Anyways, 'On the Road', 'The Rock', 'What kind of Fool' are some of my favs by him. One of the nicest guys as well.

Lee Roy Parnell=TALENT.

• Members

If you're from Texas, you know about Lee Roy! And you should hear his brother, Rob Roy Parnell. I had the pleasure of sitting in with him on a jam session one night, and holy crap -- the man can seriously play the harmonica. There's more talent between those two brothers than in most entire family trees!

• Members

If you're from Texas, you know about Lee Roy! And you should hear his brother, Rob Roy Parnell. I had the pleasure of sitting in with him on a jam session one night, and holy crap -- the man can
seriously
play the harmonica. There's more talent between those two brothers than in most entire family trees!

Speaking the truth. I'm not acquainted with Rob Roy but I will have to look him up.

• Members

Fanboy here. He's one of those guys who makes difficult stuff sound easy and with impeccable tone and has good vocals, too. I actually prefer his countrified stuff better than his blues tendencies and I'm not much of a country music fan. Major talent who doesn't get a lot of exposure, probably because he doesn't fit neatly into any pre-defined category.

D

• Members

Anyways, 'On the Road', 'The Rock', 'What kind of Fool' are some of my favs by him. One of the nicest guys as well.

Lee Roy Parnell=TALENT.

Seriously great tunes,vocals and playing.

Didn't he do a track or two on Delbert McClinton's recent album?

Archived