GUITAR TONE KNOB

zotar

• Members

:)

Welcome aboard dude. Stick around and all of your questions will be answered here and you'll learn a lot. Sorry for the ribbing but you're a newbie.

No need to get rid of the tone knob. What guitar do you have? Some guitars with single coils can be pretty noisy but there are ways around that.

:thu:

Trust me, this kid ain't playing single coils.

• Members

Seriously though I did remove them from my "metal" guitars because I dont use them and too many times playing live I turned down the tone by mistake and played the whole next song with it off.

I also play a strat in a band mostly clean stuff and use the tone constantly.

I read that glenn Tipton from priest had the volumes and tones disconnected and just uses on off switches live.

• Members

NEED SOME HELP.. HOW DO I REMOVE THE TONE KNOB AND JUST KEEP MY VOLUME KNOB WHO NEEDS A TONE KNOB ITS JUST FOR STOPING THE HISS THAT ALL I USE FOR. MAYBE TONE KNOB WILL BE REPLACE WITH A BOOST SWICHT OT SOMETHING........

PICKUPS I USE ARE DIMARZIO DP159..BRIGED.DP158 FOR NECK.

finally. zo(l)tar speaks.:phil:

3200445648_d8ab2b2025.jpg

• Members

ok iam going to remove the tone knob but wtf with that little "capasitor" do i add to my my volume knob i have a old jackson performer i believe from 95.or so.dimarziod159 both brigde and neck .the bridge pickup ass {censored} bass everything sound cool exept the last low e string but that another story.

zotar exits....

Archived