Busted a nut onstage last night

turnip

• Members

I borrow a friend's Silvertone Sovereign Special for a song we do in a different tuning (it's just Drop-D, but the rest of our songs are in Eb Standard). As I set up, I notice that the gig bag with his guitar in it is laying on the floor (I had both of my guitars in their softshells leaning against my amp - I know, big mistake :facepalm: ). I don't think anything of it, and we set up.

I tune my standard guitar (Eastwood Sidejack) and grab the Silvertone to tune it. The low-D is a little flat, so I turn the peg, and PING! the nut cracks right off at the 6th string. :facepalm::mad:

I suppose I have to get the nut replaced now :mad: on a guitar that isn't even mine that I don't really like anyway all because some 'tard in one of the opening bands knocked my guitars over with their drunk asses. :mad:

• Members

haha nice title. Yeah, but {censored} happens at shows man. You have to expect the worst. Also, a nut is really inexpensive and easy to self-replace.

Anyways, how did the show go?

The show was okay. We were hired to provide music from 9:30pm-1:00am, so we drafted a couple of other local bands to open for us. So we didn't go onstage until midnight, and the crowd had thinned by then; we were expecting that, but it still sucks. The place was packed earlier, but it's hard to keep people in a bar that late on a Thursday night.

But the set went fine. It was a bit of a pain to tune and retune my guitar mid-set, but we pulled it off.

• Members

If I didn't have a spare guitar I would have just done the song in Drop Db.
:idk:

Just my 2 cents.

Then everyone would have had to retune. Two guitars and a bass; the bassist and I are in Drop-D, and the singer is in a weird open-D tuning. So we bring two guitars (and the lazy bassist just drops his 4th string and plays on that one only).

• Members

I like how you call the person a 'tard' for knocking it over but don't understand that it's actually your fault for leaving it out like a dumb ass. I know mentally challenged people who are smart enough to keep their things where they belong.

• Members

I like how you call the person a 'tard' for knocking it over but don't understand that it's actually your fault for leaving it out like a dumb ass. I know mentally challenged people who are smart enough to keep their things where they belong.

That's pretty stupid. A person should be able to leave anything fragile anywhere without risk of another person bumbling into it and breaking it; that's like someone getting angry because they rear-ended a vehicle stopped on the freeway. Yeah, the vehicle shouldn't have been stopped there, but you should have had control of yourself and your vehicle.

In any event, I'm getting it fixed, the owner doesn't have a case at all (I provided the softshell case) and he kept it in his closet under a pile of shoes.

I just don't like it when people don't respect other's things. It's like when you let someone borrow a CD and it comes back all smudged and scratched.

Or Should I blame myself for that, too? :rolleyes:

Archived