Recommend me a bridge pup for my Strat

seantz

• Members

I have a 2008 American Strat and I want to throw a humbucker in the bridge. What have you guys had success using?? I also have a strat plus and I have a bareknuckle Nailbomb in the bridge. Great sounding pup but I want something with a different flavor than the Nailbomb. I never really use my bridge pup for cleans so that isn't an issue. I want something that isn't overly bright and is very full and clear sounding with a lot of punch. The Nailbomb covers this easily but I want something a little darker sounding in this guitar. I also have a Bareknuckle Miracle Man sitting around but the box says its standard spaced could I still use it with good results in the strat?? I play in a hard rock cover band and my amp is a dsl50 cab genz benz gflex if that helps.....thanks.

• Members

I have experience with 2 full-size humbuckers in the bridge of a strat.

The first is the dimarzio paf, which I really, really like. The PAF works well because it isn't overly hot and unbalanced compared to single coils and with some grit on it sounds great. The PAF also handles the inherent brightness of the strat well.

The second is the fender atomic, which used to come stock on the hwy 1 hss strats (not sure if that's still the case). This is a pretty hot pickup, but it sounds great.

The last one is the gfs crunchy rails, with sounds good with lots of gain and not so great cleaned up.

Archived