What're your thoughts?

[VictorinoX]

• Members

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Emperor-Swingster-Hollowbody-Electric-Guitar-581889-i1471989.gc

I play a lot of music similar to Cake's style, and I've recently learned of my need for a hollowbody in order to get that really fat, ringing tone. I considered a Washburn J4, but when I saw this beauty, I just fell in love with it. Is it worth it, or are there better options?

epi-swingster-N_1625a.jpg

• Members

I like em both. Get one of each.

The pot on the lower horn of the Gretsch is master volume.

EG

Ah, thank you.

So, it's bridge and neck volume and master tone on one end, and master volume on the other? That's friggin' awesome!

And yeah, I'd love to own both, but it's not in the cards right now.

• Members

The Epi does look pretty cool, but it also seems like it's trying hard to be a Gretsch with the pickups and vibrato. If that's what you're going for, why not get the real thing for the same price? That 5120 seems pretty sweet!

Enjoy!

Thanks for the help guys!

Also, I'm assuming the 5122 is just the 5120 with a top cutaway as well. Would that sacrifice any tone, or is it just for better reach?

• Members

Thanks for the help guys!

Also, I'm assuming the 5122 is just the 5120 with a top cutaway as well. Would that sacrifice any tone, or is it just for better reach?

They sound the same to me.

Haven't heard the pickups on the Epi before but I really like the idea. I think the Emperor is a bit bigger than the 5120 as well. Not by much but a little.

Most of the nicer Epi archtops are in league with the Gretches. If you order from one of the big boys you can always return it if you don't like.

EG

Archived