27-Fret Guitars

jn062181

• Members

Here is a pic of the 26 fretted Washburn Atlantis or EC-26 with the bolt-on Stephens neck. I own one in Tobacco burst. Pretty rare to find though.

3c672ddedfae06c555c9dc4f15637a23--4.jpg

Besides the previously mentioned Washburns and the Hamer Californians, there was also a Samick made a few years back with 29 frets and a very contoured body as seen below.

samick.jpg

Here is a Aria Pro with 27 as well.

259947262_o.jpg

• Members

Here is a pic of the 26 fretted Washburn Atlantis or EC-26 with the bolt-on Stephens neck. I own one in Tobacco burst. Pretty rare to find though.

3c672ddedfae06c555c9dc4f15637a23--4.jpg

Besides the previously mentioned Washburns and the Hamer Californians, there was also a Samick made a few years back with 29 frets and a very contoured body as seen below.

samick.jpg

Here is a Aria Pro with 27 as well.

259947262_o.jpg

Wow, all three of those are cool as hell and news to me :thu: :thu:

You have any idea on the model names for the Samick and Aria?

• Members

^ His name MUST be Merlin. That IS a wizard.

And Dean guitars is going to be making USA replicas of UJR's SkyGuitar --- more than likely going to be crazy expensive and not sell too many pieces. It is a pretty out there guitar. They just need to grab Blackmore to go with Michael Schenker and Uli to have the crazy pre-80's neoclassical European shredders! Though Blackmore's new sig would most likely be a lute, mandolin or some crazy ancient stringed monstrosity.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Oh jeebus I feel some GAS coming on...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=584493

Same here. We have the See-Thru Red finish version of that one at the music store I teach at. I noticed it yesterday and tried it out. I love the sound and the feel! I wanted a 24+ fret guitar so I could play certain Megadeth and Pink Floyd solos. After playing 22 fret guitars for years, having those extra 5 higher notes will be interesting and fun, I think!

Now I just gotta save up some $$ to nab it before someone else does... :cool:

Archived