Your ugliest guitar?

cratz2

• Members

I got this one a while back, plays great, sounds, great, looks hideous.... so I made it even uglier! :lol:

Previous owner did the three color rattle can finish and literally branded it a Fender (both on the body and on the headstock). I kept the Duncan Vintage tele neck pickup, put in a Dimarzio Chopper and put on a proper Fender trem unit with good saddles and full size trem block. It's currently strung up with 13-56s tuned to D Standard.

To make it as ugly as possible, I put on the blue pearl pickguard and put the blue tape to cover the unused holes, put on the purple lightning strap and thought it would look especially horrible in front of my orange 1x12.

Anyone have something that compares to this monstrosity?

DSC_5098a1.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugliest to one person may be beauty to another..

Most my "ugliest" have moved on to new owners. of the ones I have left, here's my top three ugliest from other peoples viewpoints.

My parker fly is very polarizing - either people think its hideous/gaudy due to its wood figuring / decidedly unconventional shape or they think its pretty.

3954606982_b6f96a2bc2_b.jpg

also surprising amount of people think quilt top guitars are ugly. I like them sometimes, depends on the color. here's my only quilt top which some may consider ugly/gaudy:

3788774216_4fc905f9c6_b.jpg

my wife hates this one.. says it reminds her of a pumpkin on halloween (the one on the right in this pic)

4385531197_a6efeff922_b.jpg

• Members

3954606982_b6f96a2bc2_b.jpg

3788774216_4fc905f9c6_b.jpg

4385531197_a6efeff922_b.jpg

Parker: Stunningly beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. I'd be proud to own something so fine.

Quilty thing: meh

Strat: I feel like I'd love that with a white pickguard, but it's not bad as-is.

Overall, my guitars are pretty visually conservative. This is the only one that's generated any real comments of "that's hideous, change it back" but a lot of people on HC still seem to like it:

newtuners02.jpg

• Members

That Parker is sweet. I'm in agreement on the pumpkin/halloween Strat though, don't care much for black guard strats (unless its a Gilmour) and I hate orange unless its on an amp.

Its not orange... its candy tangerine! :poke: LOL

I've thought about swapping hardware out for chrome and putting a white pearloid p/g on. some other forumite has a custom built warmoth guitar with that config and it just looks :love:

edit: found it! this is epitome of HOTNESS

Front3Small.jpg

• Members

I don't see any ugly guitars here.

Perhaps my 40 year old Global will qualify as ugly? Well, The fretboard may be ugly. I don't have a good pic of that on my photobucket. By the way, I can never get the color of the body right in photos.

th_DSCN1568.jpg

• Members

Its not orange... its candy tangerine! :poke: LOL

I've thought about swapping hardware out for chrome and putting a white pearloid p/g on. some other forumite has a custom built warmoth guitar with that config and it just looks
:love:

edit: found it! this is epitome of HOTNESS

Front3Small.jpg

Belongs to Prages.

Yes , very nice indeed.:)

• Members

Overall, my guitars are pretty visually conservative. This is the only one that's generated any real comments of "that's hideous, change it back" but a lot of people on HC still seem to like it:

newtuners02.jpg

Dude, anyone who says that thing is in any way ugly is a complete jackass. That's one of the best looking guitars I've seen on here--I'm intending to do the same thing to a faded SG whenever I get it.

Archived