Stupid bandmates: a chronicle of the last show I played

Mr_GoodBomb

• Members

First off it is as much your fault as his for leaving the guitars out:poke::poke:. I don't let anyone borrow or use my guitars at all. Does this guy borrow his mothers toothbruch too?:rolleyes:Sounds like you both are a little irresponsable. I know you are trying to help him out And I also let my bandmates use my amps and equipment but I draw the line with guitars.:evil::mad::cop:Number one prioroty for ANY musician is to make sure his instrument is taken care of properly.If you were a soldier in the trenches would you let your buddy borrow your weapon?:idea: Tell these guys to piss up a rope you dont need this bull{censored}.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have learned over time from costly and bad experiences that you...

1) Never loan anything out, as the other person will not appreciate it and not care for it as you would.

2) Never leave your personal gear in another person's care, van, home, whatever...especially your guitars, and tube amps!

I am sorry to hear that after going to all the trouble you did, that you wound up having to writing about it here. It's not that we didn't want to hear about it, but it would have been great if your thread was about how terrific the night had been for both of your bands.

As for the band personell...you might think about finding the right people to play with in a band. I don't think you gear can handle much more abuse. :thu:

• Members
Sounds good!
:thu:
I'm listening to the myspace now...whats the other band called?

Thanks man. The other one is The Goddamn Hills. We just recorded, and the album is being mastered, so I think the only thing that isn't acoustic with a Snowball mic is a cover of My Heart Will Go On we did for Valentine's Day.

• Members
I wonder what they say about YOU!!
:lol:

Probably that I bitch too much, because I do every time they screw up. Leaving the amp in the car so I can't record with it, leaving the guitars in the car to get damaged, bailing out on shows last-minute when both my bands are playing the same venue on the same night (that big snowy weekend, the one band drove a total of 18 hours in it for three shows, and the other band bailed on all three one at a time), forgetting equipment, knocking my Tiny Terror over and breaking it (in the shop now), getting too drunk to play... But the music is awesome.

• Members

It's like a girl you are dating that is totally hot and great in bed, but is a stupid alcoholic dip{censored}.

Soon, all the bull{censored} will overcome the good sex.

But seriously, listen to the guys that are telling you it is partially your fault. People will take whatever you give. Then, they will believe they deserve it.

Man up and take your stuff back and let the chips fall where they may.

• Members

They might resent you for this. It's nice of you to lend the gear, but you should all do everything together, as equals.

For the sake of everyone feeling like it's a joint effort and no one is above anyone else. It's hard enough to keep a good band together and if the music is good and that is important to you, then well you see where I'm going.

Just my opinion.

They can resent whatever they want. If they can't be troubled to buy gear that works, they can be trouble to unload the stuff someone is far too generous enough to let them use. It's all stuff they borrow and use, anyway.

I usually take my amp with the other band's stuff. The drummer unloads his stuff on his own (MASSIVE kit, requires a separate car). They've only had to unload it twice (and neither of those times did they actually do it). So, not much to resent there except for excessive generosity, and I guess naivety that two grown men would be responsible with things they're borrowing.

• Members

I've been in bands where I brought mics, amps, guitars & others pitched in when other things were needed as well. But we all did the grunt work together. How can you ever gel with these guys if they feel inferior to you while you stand around and watch them work? Just because you own the stuff? Come on man, you can't be serious it's a rock and roll band and you're treating them like employees of a corporation.

Please, give me a break. I help them load in, I help them set up, I help them load out. Like a band. They go home together, I live on the other side of town. I'm asking them to take four extra guitar cases inside in exchange for letting them borrow several thousand dollars worth of gear. If they wanna leave their amps in the car, that's their business.

• Members
:confused:

Give you a break? It was you who said "They unload. I don't". How else do you expect that to come across? I took the time to check out your music because there's nothing like hearing something new, but your piss poor very un rock n roll like attitude just ruined the feeling. Seriously man, you should probably consider a new hobby, something you can do all by yourself!
:mad:

Relax, man. You're getting a list harsh, I think you're taking my words the wrong way.

I said "they unload, I don't," because it's the truth. They go home, where they both live, with a van full of the gear that they use, and they unload the guitar cases. The amps stay in the car (I tell them not to, but it's their stuff, so I don't care what they do with it), and the guitar cases, usually, go inside. I've offered to help, but I got into a pretty rough car accident a month or so back, so they'd have to drive me home. They always say no, there's not much to take in, they'll do it. Lately, they haven't been, and if it were their things, I'd only be upset because they're hurting their gear and hindering our ability to perform well (lemme tell ya, a full hollowbody with a capo at the 8th fret that's out of intonation is pretty noticeable live), but there's nothing I can do about it. However, when it's my guitars that I'm letting them borrow and they're mistreating, it really upsets me. I'm not being selfish here, I don't think.

But at the same time, if you think being selfish is unrock and roll, I'd suggest talking to Oasis sometime. :lol:

• Members

Don't tell me to relax, kid. How nice of you to try and back peddle and then try and use the humor route to get yourself out of what YOU said but I'm not having it, nor are others here as stupid as you think they are. For {censored}s sake!!! the title of your thread is "Stupid bandmates"! Who the {censored} died and made you lord?

I've seen plenty of your threads where you were in some ebay jam or some other nonsense always having a problem of some kind. I never participated until now and tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you just keep flapping your damn gums and you think you are always right and everyone else is always wrong. Then you go on the defensive, why do you bother to post here if you are already set in your mind to be a jerk? I'm done with you, I know you'll likely respond with some more bull{censored}, because YOU MUST HAVE THE LAST WORD.

I'm trying to calm you down because your tone and approach are entirely unnecessary. We're not children, we don't need to resort to acting like them.

I don't think I'm backpeddling anywhere. Read back, my information is the same here as it is anywhere. I feel my bandmates are pretty stupid for leaving instruments in the car for almost a week despite being told multiple times that it's bad for them, especially when those instruments aren't theirs. It's stupid, it's rude, and it's irresponsible. Dig?

You've become very much on the attack, and I feel that's not needed. I'm not being a jerk to anyone here, I'm not calling anyone names, other than two irresponsible, unappreciative people that have harmed my instruments in exchange for my generosity. I'm not exacting sure how that's "flapping my gums," I'd call it "explaining myself," or when you get this offensive, "defending myself," but take it as you will.

The facts remain the same: I've been kind enough to let these people use my stuff and they've mistreated it despite multiple requests not to. They know better, but they don't care enough. They won't be using it anymore.

• Members

Those people have proven they don't care about your gear, so they should never be responsible for it again. If they need your gear to have a show, they rent your gear for the show, and you bring it to and from. If your rental price exceeds whatever the payout from the show is, well you get shorted, but they get nothing. Maybe THEN they'll figure out how to make their gear work.

Finally, what would happen if the miracle occurs, and someone with lots of money and power fell in love with your bands' "awesome songs"... you'd be stuck in a business partnership with these morons. Even if the best happens, you're screwed.

Time to walk, and find bandmates who can make good/great music, AND are good people. You really don't have to settle.

• Members

Then man up and show them this thread. I lied, now we are really done.

No problem. They know I'm pretty upset, as I finally did something about it rather than just saying "don't do it again" and letting them have at it, knowing they would.

But then, I've seen more vent threads since I started posting here than I could ever count. I was unaware that everything griped and posted about on the internet needed to be brought back to the original person in question for approval. If so, there are a lot of ex-girlfriends out there about to find out what really happened to those cell phone pictures they thought they deleted.

• Members

So, I said no more and told them sorry.

It would be nice if you at least heard the word "SORRY." What is up with those who cost you hundreds thru their negligence and can't even apologize, let alone offer to make good. Your mates are ultimate losers. Part ways.

Archived