I'm back from NAMM and I'm raffling a Swan for Haiti

Jim_Soloway

• Members

EDIT: CLOSING IN 8 HOURS.

I've been on the road for 10 days and for reasons that I don't understand, I was unable to access HC from my laptop. As a result, I haven't been able to announce this.

I'm raffling off another guitar with all of the proceeds going to Mercy Corps (by far my favorite aid agency and an incredibly efficient charity). like the raffle I did for Katrina and global food emergency, tickets will be $25 and entries can be sent using your favorite on-line payment service to to

jimsoloway@comcast.net.

I'm planning to close the entries on February 10. So far we've taken in close to $5,000 and hopefully HC forumners will take the total much higher now that I've been able to get back on the here.

This will be the guitar. It's a Swan Radius with a 1-piece walnut top, a 1-piece swamp ash back. DiMarzio is donating a pair of PAF 36th Anniversary pickups. Hipshot is donating the bridge, string guide and tuners. And Reunion Blues is donating a Continental case.

PN185WalnutTop-03-02-09.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do we need anything special (ie: key word, or anything) in the subject or body of the message ?

Can we enter multiple times? Shoudl each entry be in a separate email or can it be in ONE email?

No keep word required. As many entries as you want (can afford?) and just lump them all in one.

• Members

In...in, in, in.

That's a great cause, and damn decent of you. I hope one day to be able to use my guitar company to do charitable acts. I just need to learn a billion more things from builders like you, atrox, quarter, and meandi (others not mentioned becuase its frikkin 6 am).

• Members

Bump

People will need a lot of help in the months to come.

Last night I checked out a video of 2 of the earthquakes I lived through, 8.1 and 7.5. I was almost in tears remembering the devastation, and very proud of how people got together to help each other.

• Members

Is this still open? Or am I too late to enter? Planning on sending money either way, Jim, even if it's too late to enter for a chance to win the Swan. So either way, if you haven't already sent the cash to whatever NFP you're workign with, let me know. Thanks! - Josh

• Members

Jim,

You always step up in times of trouble.

Thanks for being such a cool guy. :D

I'm glad you got some others to contribute something as well.

It's great that you've already raised $5k, I bet the HC'rs will add a bunch more to that number.

Maybe this is my chance to finally get to try one of your guitars.

I'm in before the deadline!

Oh yeah.... don't forget to repost this once we go to v2 and this original post is gone!

M

• Members

Jim,

You always step up in times of trouble.

Thanks for being such a cool guy.
:D

I'm glad you got some others to contribute something as well.

It's great that you've already raised $5k, I bet the HC'rs will add a bunch more to that number.

Maybe this is my chance to finally get to try one of your guitars.

I'm in before the deadline!

Oh yeah.... don't forget to repost this once we go to v2 and this original post is gone!

M

Thanks Michael. I'm leaving for 9 days of R&R on Saturday morning and I'l be off line the whole time. Perhaps someone could take it upon themselves to keep this going while I'm gone.

Archived