Pressure to create independent releases

• Members

I think it is something you can learn. I used to not be able to play drums to a click, but then I developed the ability. I haven't had to do it a lot, but have done it occasionally. Playing other instruments to a click is pretty much as easy as playing along with drums.

One thing I have done in the past if wanting to avoid a click is to lay down a self made click (simple beat) and use that as the base tempo track for the song, so that it still has some life to it in terms of the tempo, but you can also lay things over it and sync alternate parts to it as long as they are played along to that base rhythm.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nor do I. Lets face it, he pretty much asked for it. Ive seen him do it another site as well. I wouldnt have been as harsh had I not seen him in action before, its the same old story

Do whatever gets you off. Just remember that I didn't go after you or anyone else. Be that asshole if that's all you're good at.

• Members

I'm back.

My point, as much as I don't like to give them and no one really cares, is that you don't need a major label to be a success. If your music is good, you can release it yourself and make everything happen.

If you all have the attitude that you need these bastards to get the upper hand in life, then go for it. But don't attack me, get on my case for my views, or say things can't be done because you don't have the courage to do it yourself.

• Members

Zero Heroes' posts are actually very revealing of the attitude of a younger generation: he actually thinks that the product is irrelevant.

Don't make an ass out of yourself. THE PRODUCT is the most important thing. Marketing is just as important, but not in this industry.

• Members

It was sort of an interesting OP, so I'm slightly confused as to why this thread has to suck as bad as it does. But suck it does, unfortunately.

Probably cause of me, but I'm use to it. It doesn't get me off, wastes a lot of my time, but it's all relative. I learn something new every day, from here... probably not.

• Members

After reading all of that, I must say....

I'm discouraged greatly by the state of the music industry today. I want to be famous and write songs that are fun to listen to. I want to be the next big thing!

But dammit, I never will be at this rate. I'm not exactly the most talented guy in the world, but I think I'm a good songwriter and I'm becoming a better guitar player (slowly but surely) so I don't see why I can't give it a go...

• Members

Going back to the OP, There is definitely pressure to release, at least around these parts. Even with everything said here, the general public( your freinds, family, and coworkers) understands even less of this than musicians do. They just see that artist X released something on their own label or self released and just think it is as easy as snapping your fingers and BOOM, you have a well written and mastered CD ready for you to hand to them for free because they know you.
One example is a new project of mine. we are writing a lot of stuff, really fast, and some of it is even good, but we have only gotten together for 3 or 4 writing sessions.

People are already asking for the CD.

Archived