Pressure to create independent releases

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which would you like to know first?! I knew someone would take me up on this, but you have to pick something cause I'm not going to waste my time getting it all.

bands that were able to make major appearances without the help of a label.

-PJ

• Members

Write a hit song.

i didn't know it was that simple! so if i write a hit song, then i don't need a label at all, i can do it all myself? the beatles did it all wrong, then! man, they sure could have benefited from your advice.

thanks for your insight!

-PJ

• Members

i didn't know it was that simple! so if i write a hit song, then i don't need a label at all, i can do it all myself? the beatles did it all wrong, then! man, they sure could have benefited from your advice.

That's where it starts, but it's the most important part.

• Members

bands that were able to make major appearances without the help of a label.

Camp Freddy, appeared on Jay Leno Oct 5th, 2006. I'll get you some others as I'm sure you're going to be complaining about that one, but they are an unsigned band.

• Members

Camp Freddy, appeared on Jay Leno Oct 5th, 2006. I'll get you some others as I'm sure you're going to be complaining about that one, but they are an unsigned band.

camp freddy? do you know who's in camp freddy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Freddy

i wonder if scott weiland was fronting the band when they appeared on Leno in 2006?

-PJ

• Members

Dude, I'm sorry to burst your bigshot bubble, but the tunes on your myspace sound like they were recorded by a high school kid with a couple of MXL mics and a $100 Tascam interface. Really. Its not an insult, its 100% fact. Not even a good high school recording, a mediocre one.

You can be a bigshot all ya want, makes no difference to me. But if ya wanna go that route, I suggest removing the myspace link. Sure, if you're cocky enough and hound people enough, you can sell 100 records. But geez Louise, before you conquer the world, at least learn to tune a guitar, use an equalizer, write a melody, and get the background noise to actually be less than the music.

All the songs you hear were written and recorded by us in our own studios here in Dallas.

I think you meant to say "in my bedroom", 'cause there aint 2 people who would hear those songs and actually think those were even close to quasi semi- pro recordings by actual musicians. I'm sure you're gonna make up some crap about "err, those arent the "REAL recordings", but we aren't dumb and know that they are. If not you would have put the "good":rolleyes: ones on myspace.

I almost admire your cockiness. But ya gotta have SOMETHING besides a bunch of bull{censored} to back it up. More importantly, get rid of the myspace link and then you can act like bigshot record producer all ya want. Until you do, you're just another guy with an out of tune guitar and a cracked copy of Cubasis in your bedroom.

• Members

Dude, I'm sorry to burst your bigshot bubble, but the tunes on your myspace sound like they were recorded by a high school kid with a couple of MXL mics and a $100 Tascam interface. Really. Its not an insult, its 100% fact. Not even a good high school recording, a mediocre one.

Would you just watch the hair!

• Members

I almost admire your cockiness. But ya gotta have SOMETHING besides a bunch of bull{censored} to back it up. More importantly, get rid of the myspace link and then you can act like bigshot record producer all ya want. Until you do, you're just another guy with an out of tune guitar and a cracked copy of Cubasis in your bedroom.

But I don't want to be a big shot record producer.

• Members

Editors played on Late Night with Conan O'Brien while on an indie label.

in 2004 they signed with kickenware records. yes, it's an indie label, but a very popular british label with lots of pull, and i'm sure that's how they landed the gig with conan o'brien.

i don't know why i'm still entertaining this. re-read bluestrat's reply on why a major label is important before listing any more "unsigned" bands that were featured on the Tonight Show.

and when zero heroes makes a national TV appearance, then i'll listen again. until then, don't bother...

-PJ

Archived