Fender Blues DeVille Tweed Reissue??

JoeFatFish

• Members

I have a Reissue tweed Blues DeVille that I bought about 3 or 4 years ago. It is a 410, 60 watter. I love it, but I have to wonder and ask, since I am NOT a tone guru, and may not know any better. The amp comes with Eminance speakers, I think Blue backs?? Anyway, I "play" blues and Classic Rock...Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Deep Purp. inspired stuff. My question is, are the speakers good, or have others modded this amp, with some other speakers? Again, I love the tone, but am I missing the boat, and there are better repalcement speakers for it, or other mods I should consider for it? Any help is appreciated.

• Members

I agree that a set of Jensen or Weber alnicos would improve the tone. I had one those amps in the mid-90's and I thought the stock speakers sounded good. My biggest beef with that amp was the control panel. White screening on a chrome plate with the labels facing the back of the amp. :facepalm:

• Members
I agree that a set of Jensen or Weber alnicos would improve the tone. I had one those amps in the mid-90's and I thought the stock speakers sounded good. My biggest beef with that amp was the control panel. White screening on a chrome plate with the labels facing the back of the amp.
:facepalm:

Back in the day we set the amps in front instead of a back line. The controls and open back worked great. I have both a HRD and a BDri and often grumble to myself about it.

Archived