Show your custom made/handmade/custom luthier and ETC guitars!

Ferdinandstrat

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not hand made by any means, but custom ordered yes;

ESP Horizon; Swamp Ash body, Flame maple neck with a nicely grained rosewood board. Graphite nut, Gotoh Hardware, etc. I've since put a zebra '59/JB combo in since that pic (actually what it came with), but I'm thinking about putting the FRED back in the neck. I like something a little warmer in the neck position for cleans/leads.

DSC00473b-1.jpg

• Members

The neck looks like Brazilian Rosewood, but what is the main body wood?

That guitar would be perfect, if it just had matching wood control-cavity cover. Yeah, I know the difficulties involved in such a thing, but they just look so great.

The body is black limba with a maple top and the neck is Indian rosewood. Jason made this one just the way I asked him too. You can checkout all the guitars he's got going at http://www.schroederguitars.com/forums/index.php

Here's a photo of Jason carving my top.

carve.jpg

• Members

The body is black limba with a maple top and the neck is Indian rosewood. Jason made this one just the way I asked him too. You can checkout all the guitars he's got going at
http://www.schroederguitars.com/forums/index.php

Here's a photo of Jason carving my top.

carve.jpg

My arm gets tied just looking at that photo. But it's great to see that someone is still crafting guitars in manner of the Old World craftsmen.

Does he hand-carve the neck-heel/body dovetail also?

• Members

Not a big "pointy-guitar" fan, but I really like that blend of Iceman/Mockingbird/Explorer.

Do you have a link to the builder? I'd like to see what else he's come-up with.

Not a builder but a designer, they are built in the USA by a ghost builder. Look at www.carlinoguitars.com. His designs are called the Identity and the Impulse. In the Identity section I also own the Korina Identity below my green one. Pair of Korinas

carlino_Korina_Impulse_028_046.jpg

• Members

i guess this one, pic's not too sharp.

Picture026.jpg

what i was told is the compamy that makes the aluminum bodies for fender took some extras to one of the guitar shows where they got brought up. the shop i got it from had two.

and maybe this one

Picture048.jpg

i may get the spelling wrong 'cause i'm not at home to look at it. a carriview(sp?) eloustic. i only have it 'cause i saw a review for it in guitar player way back when i first started fooling with guitars, and then a couple years later saw this one in a pawn shop for fairly cheap. truthfully, i think i just liked that it had been reviewed in the magazine and i could afford it.

• Members

Does he hand-carve the neck-heel/body dovetail also?

Yes, most everything is done by hand with hand tools and power tools but no CNCs.

:) Each guitar is quite unique.Most are custom for each buyer.

Lots of great guitars posted here. Keep them coming I'm digging them all.:thu::thu:

• Members

Wait, this is not a Danelectro?

Kinda. It's a NOS Coral [a Danelectro subsidiary back in the '60's] Longhorn archtop body with a neck from my 90's reissue Dano double-neck. The bridge, tailpiece and fingerrest are custom. The pickups include a Kent Armstrong floating humbucker and piezos attached to a Fishman Powerjack [preamp built into an endpin jack].

Archived