Avril Lavigne is all growns up !!!

GuitarNoobie

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She needs her managerment to land on some kind of persona and stick to it.

When she first hit the scene, she was all bratty and punky. Then when she got married she tried to be a cleaned up pop princess. Soon after, she went back to the bratty/punky stuff, but at 25, she's way too old for that. Plus, there's already Pink who makes godawful music, and has the somewhat older punky/bratty thing going.

Avril needs a management change and a good producer to bring out her best AND let her settle in to who she really is.

And yes: would.

Butch Walker produces her. He is one of the absolute best producers making music today. She doesnt need a new producer.

I do agree on her cheeseball image though. She seems to never really have been able to settle into a niche and convincingly deliver it other than when she first came out with her teenie bopper punk skater chick image.

Nothing wrong with reinventing yourself and changing with the times, especially for pop music, but she never seems to be able to nail the part as far as selling the image no matter what she does.

• Members

Plus, there's already Pink who makes godawful music, and has the somewhat older punky/bratty thing going.

I think perhaps you need to listen a little bit to Pink. A lot of her stuff is actually rather intelligent -- both lyrically and musically. I think you may, perhaps be confusing image with substance... :poke:

• Members

I think perhaps you need to listen a little bit to Pink. A lot of her stuff is actually rather intelligent -- both lyrically and musically. I think you may, perhaps be confusing image with substance... :poke:

I agree I think Pink walks that walk way more than most pop-punk/brats do ... Hell Pink's got more balls than any 20 male pop-punk posers.

• Members

That's the worst of her songs that I've heard. But she can be quite hot when she's not performing that particular one.

The sad thing is she even ripped the song off from some unknown band.

And she has a huge history of ripping off her song writers with getting her ass

in as a co-writer for doing jack squat. One female song writer outed her

a few years ago and got a horrible back lash from the music industry

trying to hide their dirty little secret.

the song she ripped off !

• Members
I'm shocked there aren't more pics.

Kinda disappointed too.
:cry:

EG

Yeah I had to skim through hoping to find more myself. I did go back and give those posted a thorough looking over though. Avril is definitely ALL grown up! :eek:

• Members

WRONG. Especially if we're talking about music. I LOVE my job, but she makes me loathe it for 3.5 minutes at a time.

For those who are unfamiliar, she's the homeless girl on the right in that pic.

i thought that was a pic of Rikki Rockett:facepalm:

• Members

Butch Walker produces her. He is one of the absolute best producers making music today. She doesnt need a new producer.

D'OH! :facepalm: - but why does he drag out the WORST in her ???

I do agree on her cheeseball image though. She seems to never really have been able to settle into a niche and convincingly deliver it other than when she first came out with her teenie bopper punk skater chick image.

Nothing wrong with reinventing yourself and changing with the times, especially for pop music, but she never seems to be able to nail the part as far as selling the image no matter what she does.

Said it better than I did :thu:

Archived