Anyone put a B Bender on a MIM Tele?

televisionary

• Members

Haven't done it myself, but there is absolutely no reason why it wouldn't work. The MIM is spec'd the same as the MIA in dimensions for the body; neck profile is a bit different I believe, but there are a ton of different tele neck profiles out there and that has nothing to do with the b-bender.

• Members

The B Bender itself and the installation would cost a lot more money than the value of the MIM tele ... unless you bought one of those cheap crappy B Benders

Probably, but would it still be cheaper all said and done than buying a MIA Tele with the B Bender factory installed? I've priced them at about $1k. I could be wrong, but Fender doesn't issue a MIM Tele with the B Bender installed does it?

• Members

Probably, but would it still be cheaper all said and done than buying a MIA Tele with the B Bender factory installed? I've priced them at about $1k. I could be wrong, but Fender doesn't issue a MIM Tele with the B Bender installed does it?

The MIA Tele with a B Bender is a piece of junk. I had one 12 years ago and it was extremely heavy, and the B Bender sucked

• Members

The MIA Tele with a B Bender is a piece of junk. I had one 12 years ago and it was extremely heavy, and the B Bender sucked

What do you suggest then? If I'm able to fork over around $1,500 for a Tele with a bender system, what should I get? I already have a MIM Tele, but I'm not opposed to selling it and upgrading to something more professional.

• Members

The B Bender itself and the installation would cost a lot more money than the value of the MIM tele ... unless you bought one of those cheap crappy B Benders

Or one of those inexpensive but good B-benders, like a Hipshot. Installs in minutes (totally reversibly), works great, and has optional G-bender and drop-D lever as well as B. Fits a MIM Tele fine too:

3682227030_3a5f02c6ac.jpg

• Members

Maybe I'm crazy, but the thought of carving huge hunks out of a tele body so I can install three pounds of chrome and steel for the sole purpose of being able to bend the B string has always struck me as a bit nutty.
:idk:

The Parsons/Weight B Bender isn't chrome. It doesn't increase the weight of the guitar. It's very smooth.

Your describing the B Bender that is in the American Standard B Bender. I agree, that B Bender was a complete waste. I swear that guitar is heavier than any Les Paul I have ever owned. I think Bbreaker has that same guitar that I used to own.

• Members

this or what guitarmandp suggests if you can afford it..heres the hipshot in action

Or one of those inexpensive but good B-benders, like a Hipshot. Installs in minutes (totally reversibly), works great, and has optional G-bender and drop-D lever as well as B. Fits a MIM Tele fine too:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I guess that settles it then
:facepalm:

I'm getting sick of seeing the face palm. It was cute at first, but it's way overused.

It does settle it, because this friend of mine has owned several guitars with B Benders, and knows a lot of B Bender licks.

• Members

I'm getting sick of seeing the face palm. It was cute at first, but it's way overused.

It does settle it, because this friend of mine has owned several guitars with B Benders, and knows a lot of B Bender licks.

It is certainly overused, but in this case it was most definitely appropriate.

• Members

The Hipshot is a great alternative to the PW Bender if mounted correctly. I also used teflon tubing where the strings passed through the saddle area.

I had a G-B bender and a drop D toggle on mine...Worked great. Some songs just can't be pulled off without them....

• Members

My friend had a Warmoth Tele with a hipshot B Bender and he told me he didn't like it.

What didn't he like about it? Without knowing that, his opinion/preference is not very useful or meaningful.

I don't like thin wide necks; that doesn't make them wrong for every player.

• Members

What didn't he like about it? Without knowing that, his opinion/preference is not very useful or meaningful.

I don't like thin wide necks; that doesn't make them wrong for every player.

PPPFFFTTT, Dude! Didn't you read? It's SETTLED! His FRIEND who knows, like, A LOT of B-bender licks has put an end to any and all debate.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Here's another annoying emoticon, just 'cuz they're so cute and, er, annoying. Yeah, that's it. :lol::lol::lol:

• Members

It is certainly overused, but in this case it was most definitely appropriate.

No it does not settle it. My buddy is a huge Clarence White fan. He operates the Clarence White MySpace page. He's tried every B Bender there is and he tells me the Parsons White is the real deal. I'm going to assume that most people commenting on this thread, have only tried one B Bender.

I want to make one other thing clear. The Parsons/Green B Bender found in the American B Bender Tele's are a pile of {censored}. They completely suck, I sold my American Standard B Bender Tele.

• Members

I don't have a lot of money to throw around but I figured that if I had to have a b-bender installed, it would have to be a Parsons-White. I didn't regret my decision one bit.

I had it installed in a partscaster I assembled myself, from off-the-shelf Fender parts.

DSC01657.JPG

Archived