Best bridge PUP for Teles?

triplover64

• Members

Best can be very subjective based on your style and sound goals. I have 4 teles, 3 of which are frankenteles (partsocasters) that I built. Two of them have Kent Armstrongs, 1 has the stock set from my Squier CV (which some say are actually Toneriders), and the CV has a BG T-90 (P-90 in a tele bridge package). The BG is just killer, but not a traditional sounding tele bridge pickup. The others all do fine jobs in the traditional tele bridge realm.

• Members

Best can be very subjective based on your style and sound goals. I have 4 teles, 3 of which are frankenteles (partsocasters) that I built. Two of them have Kent Armstrongs, 1 has the stock set from my Squier CV (which some say are actually Toneriders), and the CV has a BG T-90 (P-90 in a tele bridge package). The BG is just killer, but not a traditional sounding tele bridge pickup. The others all do fine jobs in the traditional tele bridge realm.

Cool. What's a Squire CV?

Guess what I'm looking for is a little smooth country twang with some edge for hot leads. Need some sustain, too.

• Members

lollarguitars.com

They actually have high quality clips on their site.

I always am weary of pickup makers that have bad clips or that use marketing hype with no clips.

DAWs are cheap and it's easy to post quality clips - so when people don't I figure it's either because they're lazy or they don't want me to hear what their stuff really sounds like.

• Members

Here's a demo of my A5 rock wind tele pickups.

Dv91MXvjFLY

Maybe a nice choice for your tele. These's tons of user reviews on this site as well as TGP of my pickups.

Hope this post makes BG76 even more pissed off than he normally is at me.:wave::blah::blah::blah::blah:

• Members

He's obviously never tried your pickups...
:o

I don't even think it's about the pickups in BG76's case. He's just seems like a very bitter unhappy person who gets very mad when other people are happy.

Therefore he does what he does to try and bring others down to his dismal level.

Most people don't fall for his {censored} but are getting very tired of his drivel.

• Members

Why are they called nocasters? Was it because of the name change thing in the early 50s or is it because these pickups have some kind of low-noise quality?

Yeah in a nutshell the first Tele was called a Broadkaster but Gretsch (drums) owned that name so they changed it to Telecaster but they had a bunch of Broadkaster labels and just cut the Broadkaster part off the label so they just said Fender. Then the collectors started referring to them as nocasters like no-name Fenders

They are RWRP so hum cancelling in the middle but it has nothing to do with the name

Don Mare has horrible sound clips yet his pickups are great so that theory is a huge FAIL imo

Archived