Versatile Strat Pickups - looking for a range of options

theGhost

• Members

The budget is on the cheaper side, so nothing crazy expensive. Also, I'd like them to be rather common in the sense that it won't be hard to find them at a decent used price. I won't be able to try before I buy, so if I hate them I wanna know I won't lose much, if any, money.

Right now I have a G&L Legacy Tribute with stock pickups, and I actually like them quite a bit. I don't have too much to complain about other than the color of the pickups, and of course I've always wondered how much better I could get if I want to change the color up anyways.

I guess I'm looking for pickups that would be considered "rock" pickups because ideally I would love them to have solid cleans and be able to do bluesy stuff really well while still having a decent enough output to handle higher gain sounds without getting muddy. I'm not playing death metal, obviously, but I like to know that I could put it on the bridge pickup and get some heavier tones.

FWIW, I have the Duncan Jazz/JB set on my LP and I love them. They're pretty much what I'm looking for in strat form. I know that Jeff Beck has some sig strat pickups as well, so would those be good? Also, what other pickups would be great? I've heard that Hot Noiseless were pretty sweet for their price range, but I wanna have more suggestions as well.

Also, a must for me is that the pickups could never be considered not clear and/or flabby. I hate not having a tight bass response and all my pedals/amps/speakers are tailored for that preference. Overall I would say I don't know all that much about pickups and I'm definitely open to suggestion!

Thanks in advance!

• Members

IMO your best bet is to PM Norcal_Git_r and ask him. Bryan winds as good a pickup as you can find at a great price and can tailor it specifically to you needs. You can find some demos here by searching his other posts (or others that have done clips) or go here BG Pickups

He has a very well deserved reputation around here and also gives Forum members a discount

Signed a very happy 3 time customer

• Members

IMO your best bet is to PM Norcal_Git_r and ask him. Bryan winds as good a pickup as you can find at a great price and can tailor it specifically to you needs. You can find some demos here by searching his other posts (or others that have done clips) or go here

He has a very well deserved reputation around here and also gives Forum members a discount

Signed a very happy 3 time customer

this. i just ordered a set of the V60s. its gonna take a while, but i have a strong feeling that its going to be well worth it.

Archived