New Paulownia Parts Tele

Norcal_GIT_r

• Members

That would be correct.

How is that? The tree was sent to the mill and from there some of it's wood went to a guitar company and was made into a body. Is that what you mean?

Now we know Norcal_GIT_r is an alt for JJ Pistols :D

• Members

Stop giving me ideas!

I'm seriously considering giving up on the refinish and picking up a GFS finished body. But then I would be stuck with mint green. And to combat neck dive, I would have to buy a brass or steel block and the steel saddles to make the bridge really heavy.

And then while I'm at it I might as well get another body, a pickguard, locking tuners, and misc crap so that I can use up my Squier neck and old DiMarzio Super Distortion humbucker. Then again, I would get more money selling the neck and pickup as is than if I was to build the extra guitar and sell that. Also, the Super Distortion is not F-spaced and it's a shame GFS doesn't sell a pickguard with an angled humbucker route.

No, I said I would give the body one last chance before junking it. This would turn the refinish into a build.

• Members

As light as they are, neither of mine are neck heavy.
:thu:

Mine's a little neck heavy, but I'd rather have neck-heavy than just plain heavy. I haven't weighed mine, but it couldn't weigh 6 lbs. Those pre-fin GFS bodies are a ridiculous value and it sure sounds great. My neck pocket required a bit of work to fit the neck; did yours just bolt up?

Nice work,

D

• Members

That would be correct.

How is that? The tree was sent to the mill and from there some of it's wood went to a guitar company and was made into a body. Is that what you mean?

My parents had a Paulownia tree when I was growing up and I remember it being weak and brittle. How is paulownia as a tone wood for guitars?

• Members

My parents had a Paulownia tree when I was growing up and I remember it being weak and brittle. How is paulownia as a tone wood for guitars?

I've never used the raw wood. But it's one of planets new renewable resources thats now being used for furniture and now musical instruments.

I really like the tone of the Paulownia wood. Both guitars have really great natural sound to them.:thu:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived