Keep those amps off the floor

Baddass

• Members

I had some scrap 5/8" plywood in my garage so I built a box the same width and depth as my Marshall Bluesbreaker and made it 8 or 9 inches tall...then painted it flat black...the amp looks great sitting on it.:cool:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If the amp is an open back design it's a good idea to keep it at least 3' from a wall also.

Good advice. :thu:

I'd go even further if space permits. I try to pull mine out at least a couple feet, especially when I'm recording. Cuts down the mud and boomy bass Qs.

• Members

I like the sound of a combo amp on a wooden floor and right up against the wall. More bass response and most of the sound is thrown forward.

A combo on a concrete floor sounds awful. The concrete sucks the bass right out of the amp.

• Members

I have one in my kitchen and another upstairs under my amp. Plastic thing you put beer bottles in to carry them home in.

those are amazing! Why don't these exist in the states? Here cases come in flimsy cardboard boxes. Proof positive we are not number one.

I'm assuming these aren't in the states because a) I've never seen such a thing and b) they all have fine European beer logos on them. Leffe, yum!

Milk crates:

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/departments/tools-shop/tool-bags-tool-belts/78090.aspx

• Members

I put my 1x12 box on the other 1x12 box... Sounds great. I love to sit on the carpet put my back to the ministack and play. When I only use one box I usually put it on a wooden chair or amp flightbox or something that is handy.

• Members

honestly I think some amps sound better on the floor. I feel 100% that my blackstar ht-5 combo sounds way better on the floor. I had it stacked on top of other stuff for a long time, then put it on the floor one day and thought it sounded considerably better. ymmv

• Members

It makes a big difference in my opinion.

I built this out of an old chair I had that I was going to toss out.

Built a little attenuator (box on the bottom) for it that works great.

Two VERY cool ideas! I'm gonna do that, too. Got a parts list and schematic for the attenuator?

Archived