Reccomend me multi-FX pedals for my new Blackheart little giant half-stack!

TheGreatnessOfP

• Members

Hello All - as a reader of this forum I've decided to get into some home tubage and just ordered a blackheart little giant 5W head and cab. I'm going to get rid of my Line 6 Flextone 2 (if anyone wants it let me know, I will sell it very cheap).

I don't want to spend a ton on separate stop boxes but ideally what I want is:

Overdrive (or distortion, I don't know which but I want to be able to get the break-up tones from the amp without cranking it all the way)

Chorus

Delay

and Reverb.

The Boss ME50 looks ideal because I like the idea of being able to simulate 3 stomp boxes in a row and as you can see from above 3 is all I need (I'm assuming you can have reverb on top of the stomps on the ME50).

Since I want to learn how to manipulate the tone through the amp and guitar settings I'd rather have something analoguey, not a digital box that's trying to emulate amplifiers as part of the effect.

I'd love some other recommendations and I don't need such high quality since I mainly play without effects but just want a fiddle! Hit me HC...

• Members

I would have recommended an ME50 from your post title.

Thats exactly how I use mine...as stompboxes on or off.

I prefer my Digitech GNX3000 for recording, but the ME50 is a great live tool if you like the FX.

Reliable as buggery too!

:thu:

• Members

I would have recommended an ME50 from your post title.

Thats exactly how I use mine...as stompboxes on or off.

I prefer my Digitech GNX3000 for recording, but the ME50 is a great live tool if you like the FX.

Reliable as buggery too!

:thu:

i cant say enough good things about the boss ME-50. it is supper reliable, built like a horse and never quits. i was getting ready to go to a gig one day and im with my band at my house getting our {censored} together and we had had practice the night before in my garage, as i was putting my ME50 in the car my dad adds the nice little comment of "oh...btw, i ran over that thing with the car last night after you guys had practice, mioght want to check to see it it still works." checked it out, other then a bit of a dent and deformaty in the housing, it worked perfectly fine. nothing has ever gone wroong with that hing. so i can say that that is honest the best $300 i have ever spent. i recommened it highly.

• Members

imo, the line 6 M9 or M13 blows the boss stuff away. I gig with an M13 and it fills all my pedal needs. They can be found for under 400.

I want the Line 6 M9! That's my vote. If it where me I would run the M9, a Whammy pedal, Wah pedal, and an acoustic simulator. You honestly have everything you could EVER need in a very compact 4 pedal system.

Of course this is coming from a guy who has the Whammy already :thu:

• Members

thanks for the advice guys - I thought the ME50 fitted the bill; thing is I was hoping for a cheaper alternative than it, not a more expensive one!

The line 6 options does like nice but it seems like overkill for my needs and also, for no particular reason but a change, I don't fancy line 6.

Anyone want to sell me an ME50 then?

• Members

oh - and can I use reverb at the same time as having all three effects on with the ME50, without having to use it as one of the effects?

with the M13 you can have 4 fx on at once so you could always use one as reverb and still have three for anything else. You can even stack distortions or ODs. I like to run a tubescreamer into another tubescreamer sometimes. Great for some SRV tunes.

or take an OD, set it for a nice crunchy rhythm tone, then put a tubescreamer in front of it and kick it on for leads.

Not sure why you don't like line 6 that much but the M13, imo, is unlike any other line 6 product out there. Personally, I wouldn't touch a line 6 amp if you paid me. I've owned one and played through several. Would not touch one again. I was very hesitant about the M13 but it really is amazing. It is set up like a regular pedalboard and is just like having regular pedals in front of you. You can have them in any order and as many as you want. You can run an OD into another OD, hell, you can make all 4 effects ODs if you want, you can run one delay into another delay, imagine having a bunch of regular pedals and being able to clone them and put them in whatever order you wanted. That's the M13. You want three tubescreamers running into each other? You got it. You want a tape echo going into a digital delay? You got it.... pretty much anything you can imagine, you can do.

Archived