How to clean up nicely

Willyguitar

• Members

I have been messing about today with my LP Junior and my Vintage Lemon Drop with the AC30 on full volume (ouch), and played around with the guitar volume controls, as one does in these situations.

The issue is this: while the Junior 'cleans up nicely' in the sense that it retains treble when you push the volume down (although you have to go down to about 2 or 3 to get it really clean), the Lemon, which has Wilkinson humbuckers loses quite a lot of treble as you lower the volume, for both pickups. It still sounds nice (this is an AC30 after all), but I'd like it to be brighter if possible at lower vols on the guitar.

Now, I know that it is likely that a P90 will probably clean up better than a HB in any case, however I wondered how I could get the Lemon to do so better? I like the pickup sounds in general on it, so don't really want to swap them out. Can this be fixed with different pots? Or is it really just the pickups?

• Members
You can fit a capacitor (I think it's a treble bleed one...someone will know) that retains the highs as you roll off the volume.

Ahhh..the "Vintage" lemon Drop....guitar of champions!
:D

EDIT: oops, there you go...too slow!

:thu:

Fructarians of the world, unite and take over!

Archived