K Here's another Vid demo with my Rebel-20 head

jhall

• Members

I cut this vid tto trying to see if I could brighten up the sound. I turned up the treb a little and positioned the mic in the Zoom H4 to pick up more of the V-30 in the upper cab.

I made no attempt to play anything too spectacular nor is there any post work. It is a bone dry single take. I did a little crunchy part then went with some clean on the 2nd half The Crunch part may sound a little bright but it would sit real well in a mix with proper post prosessing and leaves room for a human voice (it seems right where you'd want the guitar to be in a rock mix context) Amp's nice for recording. I'll fool around with EQ and reverb and mods in the loop at some point and mabye put a compressor and OD in front.

I may just get used to my RP1000 in 4 cable:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I'm liking it, and good tight playing, too... I am trying to figure out what amp I want...

I couldn't really suggest this amp if it was to be your only amp. I would be more inclined to get the Rebel-30 head as it has two channels and reverb with seperate reverb level control for both channels along with a seperate wattage dial for both channels too. That would make it a much more practical amp than the 20. I really enjoy the 20 though and will record with this amp. I will use it in many sessions. It takes reverb pedals very well on the loop too.

Archived