I'm old enough to remember when no one wanted these (Vintage Fender content)

headless

• Members

If people hated and didn't want these old guitars 30 and 40 years ago, does that mean that in the future people will be paying boatloads for todays schecters?

could be wrong, but it's the metal thing about the schecter that will NEVER make it a mojo guitar.

• Members

A couple stories:

In the early 80's I'm a Jr High student and the local music store had a '59 or '60 Les Paul. Super flamey and absolutely mint condition. They wanted $3000 or $5000 at the time. I remember thinking that was an INSANE amount of money for a guitar. Now that would be a $120K-$240K guitar depending on the market and the buyers. Crazy.

On the positive side I have made a bunch of scores over time. All through the late 80s I was buying "old" pedals because I liked how they sounded. They were cheap and always a bit of an adventure. Every music store or pawn shop seemed to have something for $20 or $40. I think the most I paid for ANYTHING at the time was $120 for a super mint, in the box EH Memory Man.

I ended up getting:
An Interfax Harmonic Percolator for $40 (yes it's real - it's my avatar)
Mutron BiPhase for $80
EH Triangle Knob Big Muff for $40 (bought several over the years for Roland 555 Space Echo for $100
Ibanez TS808 got as trade for a DOD chorus
Mutron Octave Divider for $40
MXR Script DynaComp for $25
EH Polychorus for $30

Many of them included the box.

I also got my Fender Vibrolux Reverb at a pawnshop near Cahoma Mississippi for $120.

So it hasn't been all bad.

Archived